Latest AMD Ryzen 2 processors and X470 chipset motherboards have been launched!

^^ Which is what all the tech news sources like Anandtech are also suspicious about. Maybe, they are using poorly binned chips or something.

BTW, Why is the price point surprising? Sounds about right for a 16 GB Kit. GSkill 3600MHz Kit that is using Samsung b-die costs $250 for 16GB in US.

But that Gskill is 3600MHz. The Aorus is 3200MHz. Anyway let's assume this Aorus is a "poor" quality Samsung die. Won't it be better to just get a Hynix 3000MHz? Or that Corsair/Skill 8GB RAM which I mentioned in some earlier posts?

If you are not too particular about the RAM clock and/or have the patience to fine tune, you can buy one of the other kits. From what I understand, Zen+ is not really as finicky with RAM compatibility as Zen.[DOUBLEPOST=1531243372][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways, my new chassis (Thermaltake Core X9) is here. Will be doing my build this weekend.

upload_2018-7-10_22-51-6.png

upload_2018-7-10_22-51-40.png

upload_2018-7-10_22-52-13.png

Just for reference, my existing chassis seen in the last pic is Xigmatek Elysium. Its a massive HPTX compatible chassis.

Last edited:
This is what I could do so far

CPU - 4.1 GHz @ 1.38v (4.2 GHz was not stable @ 1.4v)
RAM - 3533 MHz 18-18-18-36 @ 1.36v

[DOUBLEPOST=1532262076][/DOUBLEPOST]I decided to ignore CPU overclocking and let it do its own thing. For RAM, the XMP profile is not working by default @ 3600MHz. Its working once I override the frequency to 3533 MHz though.

Last edited:
Its really interesting that many of the youtube tech celebrity channels did not get their press samples but some very obscure channels got them. seems AMD is snubbing some people
Good. Many reviewers and including even some of the renowned ones had very questionable views.
I guess the Queen is just filtering the garbage out. Tbh it's pretty easy to call out the shady ones now. If you are smart and know your way around that is. After all with the YouTube Adpocalypse the easiest way of milking money is directly from sponsors and brands themselves.

^LTT had an interview with Lisa Su during Threadripper 1 launch. This time around they are very silent on the topic. Jayztwocents was complaining on twitter that he didnt get his sample.

Jayztwocents was complaining on twitter that he didnt get his sample.

That guy is an idiot. He doesn't understand most things and just utters nonsense most of the time these days. This is not a gaming CPU and so it doesn't affect most of his audience anyways.

That guy is an idiot. He doesn't understand most things and just utters nonsense most of the time these days. This is not a gaming CPU and so it doesn't affect most of his audience anyways.
I think the same about Linus too. Especially his ways of troubleshooting makes me cringe. Trial and error with reality tv type suspense buildup and has no clue.

I think the same about Linus too. Especially his ways of troubleshooting makes me cringe. Trial and error with reality tv type suspense buildup and has no clue.
Most of his videos barring an odd one or two are just clickbait. They are more for general populace not for hardcore enthusiasts. So I'll give him some leeway.

Jayz claims to be an hardcore overclocker and water cooling enthusiast but makes so many mistakes every time he reviews stuff that its not even funny.

The only hardware channels that are consistently good are Hardware Unboxed, OC3D, Gamersnexus, der8auer and Actually Hardcore Overclocking. All of them actually have useful information.

Hardwarecanucks is also good but only for case reviews. Not the rest.

Linus is still surviving not because of quality content but shitty memes and what not. If I remember correctly he was running out of funds a few years ago and was begging people to buy their LTT products to "support" their company.
I think that people are still following him for the shit, lulz and giggles. Just check any "funny" post and it gets lots of traction. I follow him only for the crucial infos like news, previews and support experience. I mean interaction is good but like you said most of them are crap or cringy it's not even funny.
Hardwarecanucks is also good but only for case reviews. Not the rest.
Haha well said. :D
I mostly watched their peripheral reviews. Their reviews of headphones seem to be conflicting with each other. Or so I think. Watch some of their headphone review videos and let me know.
Their video production is top notch though.
And if may add, the tech review site which I admire the most is LegitReviews. They also claim to be the only independent site now and apparently rely on sponsored ads. I love their site. Only wish it was more organized. It's like Amazon website. I wish it were more like mdcomputers lol.

I dont get the hate on Linus. Its a dorky take on tech channel. The hate surprises me cause he's a legit tech person. Those server room tours and setups :D

his video on setting up a petabyte server is exactly what someone should not do. its like an anti pattern. the perfect example is his another video where he almost lost his data and was trying to recover it.
Its all zero planning and lot of showoff. for example, if I setup such server I would have atleast some basic monitoring solution for monitoring smart data on the drives and other hardware. plan some power (for example, data centers have *atleast* dual power from different grids), remote management stuff, dr drills planned etc... Also, ZFS stands for zettabyte file system, if you are creating just one big volume, you dont need glusterfs over it. its stupid. And if he really wanted glusterfs, he should've gone for something like openstack's swift object store.

Dont even get me started on the hardware he chose for that.

The reason for the hatred is because he is misleading viewers with this type of videos.

Wasn't the Petabyte storage video sponsored by Seagate? This is what I said about YouTubers being clever about doing somsored content now. They try to *sway* the public opinion to a particular side even though the "influencer" himself may not really like it. It's all about the :greedy:
And now tell me how many of us here use Seagate or prefer it over WD? :p

^another perfect example is where he was trying to figure out the intel graphics card and another was where he was trying to make ebay xeon processors work. Also the way he handles processors makes me cringe.

Back