Lava Iris 501 ?

d33p

Disciple
Hey guys I am looking for a budget Android Phone and Lava Iris 501 seems perfect with 5 inch screen , Android ICS and price 9.5K.

However I am not sure about the LAVA brand.

Is it truthworthy ? Anybody used Lava phones before....how's their after sales service and customer support.

Any pointers would be welcome !

If you are not in a hurry, wait a bit and pick up a phone with 1GB RAM and Jelly Bean. The Karbonn S1 is priced @ 11k now and there should be other phones round the corner with similar pricing.
The S1 though has a quad core Cortex A5 SoC+Adreno 203 which might be weaker than the mediatek ones.

If you are not in a hurry, wait a bit and pick up a phone with 1GB RAM and Jelly Bean. The Karbonn S1 is priced @ 11k now and there should be other phones round the corner with similar pricing.
The S1 though has a quad core Cortex A5 SoC+Adreno 203 which might be weaker than the mediatek ones.

My main usage is Voice Calls + net surfing, email and occasional videos....No Games.

For the above is Micromax A110 good enough ?

Good enough. Though consider ones with higher ppi may be. The Lava Xolo A700 and A800 both have a 4.5" qhd IPS display which gives them a 245ppi. Will be much better IMO unless a 5" screen is absolute necessity. They will be easier to handle too.
The Xolo A700 is available for just 8.5k in ebay (after 7.5% off) and sports the same Mediatek MTK6577 dual core and 512MB RAM as the MMX A110.
BRAND NEW XOLO A 700 DUAL SIM, Cam 5 MP,4.5" Capacitive Touch,Android Ice Cream | eBay

Back