Video LCD HDTV query...which one?

shashank_r_t

Disciple
Hi all,

I have booked the Samsing Bordeaux series 32 inch TV for INR 58000

Following are details:

Model No : LA32R71B
SAMSUNG's Digital World - LCD TV | LA32R71B

Complared to models for m Sony Bravia, or Hitachi 32LD280TA.. is it good ?

Hitachi 32LD280TA
HITACHI (HONG KONG) LIMITED - Products

Now I want to know whether this is a good choice or I have screwed up..
I can change the model as I have just booked it and not completed the deal.
Tomorrow being Monday, shop is closed..sso please hurry as I have to finalize on Tuesday..

Please help...and Thanks in advance...:)

The Samsung Bordeaux series has a very good panel... with excellent contrast ratio. However I'm not convinced with the 58k price... there was an ad in today's paper where the Philips 32" LCD was quoted for 44999. Compare the Picture Quality...but even if Samsung is better...you have to decide if the 14k price increase is worth it.

I too was in the market for a LCD. I checked out the Samsung, Phillips, LG but the two outstanding ones that I saw were the Sony and the Panasonic. I couldn't really check out Hitachi or Sharp as they are not too common in Bangalore.

The Sony V series was quoted at around 79K. The S series was around 64K, but I didn't like it so much. The Panasonic LX60 was around 60K and the LX500 was 70K. Even though, the LX500 was an earlier model and had inferior (on paper) specs, I found the actual picture quality to be far better and finally went for it. I managed to get the price down to around 64K net. So far, I think it is a wonderful choice, as DVD's look fantastic and even standard cable doesn't look so bad.

hi members is it advisable to get a lcd or a plasma tv from singapore if so whats the price difference going on a trip to singapore

I would strongly recommend against the Bordeaux unless your on a really tight budget. Its an excellent panel but the newer generation LCD's outclass it. Infact Samsung has already launched the Mosel rage to replace it ;)

For a 32" LCD, get the Toshiba without any hesitation !

1366x768 vs 1280x720 make no difference to naked eye. So I dont see a huge gain given the price difference between bourdeaux and neo mosel model. Both TVs will just display 720p and not 1080p. So its not a big upgrade.

Hi All,

Thanks for ur timely responses... but the burning question still remains.. what shuld I do?

Actually was abt to buy a Hitachi...

But the store model (all the Hitachis in store) were displaying curvature..evident from scrolling text, hence opted for Samsung..

Now my question is... Sony or Samsung or Hitachi or Toshiba or Philips..

Budget stretchable to 70 K and I'm interested in 32 inch Tv only as there is no place for 40inch :(

Hi All..

Finally bought the Philips 32 inch pixel plus HDTV for 52.5K :hap2:

32PF7321/98 Flat TV (plasma, LCD) TV Philips

Display looks good..I mean definitely better than what it was in the store (and also considering the "great" cable picture quailty :S )

Now m yquestion is how do I connect the TV to my comp.

Its has a Palit 7600GT card with DVI out... so shuld I go for direct VGA out or Composite or DVI to HDMI.. Please advise...

Also as far s connetivity is concerned, The TV has 2 HDMI ports with all other connections..

Thanks...Shashank

I am looking at Sharp Aquos 32"(75k) and Philips 32"Ambilight(90k) I noticed a lag and the picture wasnt smooth during fast panning scenes. I noticed this on all the models except the Philips Ambilight model. Am not sure if it was the demo disc which the sales guy was using to try and push the Ambilight model, the lag/jagged lines during moving scenes made the picture on others look a little terrible for payin 60k+.

If anyone could recommend a best value for money model for a 32" LCD (like the philips pixel plus one for the CRTs) I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

@Shashank_r_t : Where did you pick up the pixel plus model? Did you have to bargain the price down or was it on some sort of promotion/sale?

@espeez: I got the TV from Sumaria Electronics, Mulund and it was a so called one day promotional offer. (However if u pester those sales guys u will get the same offer even later) BTW had to exchange the old antique videocon 21 " TV for it.

And yes ur quoted prices for Sharp is high atleast by 5 K . I had seen same without bargaining for 70K.

Hey Guys...but tell me how am i supposed to connect my idotbox to the PC? and where do I get a VGA wire (Really long atleast 30 ft) ?

Helpp...

shashank_r_t said:
Hi All..

Finally bought the Philips 32 inch pixel plus HDTV for 52.5K :hap2:

32PF7321/98 Flat TV (plasma, LCD) TV Philips

Display looks good..I mean definitely better than what it was in the store (and also considering the "great" cable picture quailty :S )

Now m yquestion is how do I connect the TV to my comp.

You can go get a DVI-HDMI cable... which will be a hard find and expensive but will give best PQ...
You could also go in for a VGA cable that is available everywhere... and still get excellent PQ

espeez said:
I am looking at Sharp Aquos 32"(75k) and Philips 32"Ambilight(90k) I noticed a lag and the picture wasnt smooth during fast panning scenes. I noticed this on all the models except the Philips Ambilight model. Am not sure if it was the demo disc which the sales guy was using to try and push the Ambilight model, the lag/jagged lines during moving scenes made the picture on others look a little terrible for payin 60k+.

If anyone could recommend a best value for money model for a 32" LCD (like the philips pixel plus one for the CRTs) I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Goto any good store and see the prices and compare the panels. The best Picture Quality is not the one that is recommended on a forum... the best PQ is the one you like the most when you see it for yourself.

Also Take a DVD of your own and ask the dealer to play it for you and then decide. A lot of these demo sets are playing custom Hi Def content that looks brilliant... but these same TV's will look shit when you watch regular cable on them.

^32" Sharp for 75K? LOL.. a friend bought the 37" LC-37BX6M Aquos for 77K in Vijay Sales at the end of Jan. You're getting ripped off, bro..

Anish said:
Why are you going for VGA ?

Get DVI-DVI or DVI-HDMI depending on your TV's inputs. Its surely have one of them..
Well he may not have an option... as I said DVI-HDMI cable availability is an issue... and the TV doesn't have a DVI port, that rules out DVI-DVI.

Back