Monitors LCD Monitor 19" - Recommendations please

motxz

Disciple
I am planning to replace my 17" CRT (3 yrs old) with a good 19" LCD. The monitor is for general purpose home machine ( browsing / some programming/ bit of movies and some odd games).

I searched old threads on recommendation of LCD and all seems to be old:( . Can the Experts around here recoomend me good 19" or 18.5" LCD models and brands. Budget is Rs.8000/-( incl. resale value of old CRT)

TIA:hap2:

i wud highly recommend a Samsung 2033SW (20") awesome looking monitor for Rs. 6950 only (CE, Nehru Place) or 7100 (SMC, Nehru Place)!

Evn im buying one today. (Although getting it for 7600 in chandigarh)

Samsung.jpg

sato1986 said:
i wud highly recommend a Samsung 2033SW (20") awesome looking monitor for Rs. 6950 only (CE, Nehru Place) or 7100 (SMC, Nehru Place)!

Evn im buying one today. (Although getting it for 7600 in chandigarh)

Samsung.jpg

i was all in to buy this , but then many here on TE have suggested to stay away from the 20" because of weird screen resolutions in the 20"

im also lookin to change my monitor in coming months...
lot of gaming during which i sit really close to my monitor...i do watch movies and series but not as much as i play games...i was luking at benq 18.5s...any better suggestion...

The resolution is wierd in Samsung, but it does not matter since nearly every game u run will have an option of running at those resolutions...And it would look good as it should...

For movies and entertainment...These 16:9 are real beauties...That's why in upcoming days u are gonna see a flood of 16:9 monitors and not 16:10 monitors...:bleh:

It won't matter, if u have a graphics card anything above a 9600GT to play at default resolutions and the wierdness would not come into picture et all...:p

Even for scaling i am supposing, it's built on the same engine as the Samsung S2233SW, so scaling at lower resolutions should be also good.

Add to it the size is a inch more and size does matter...;)

And the looks are out of this world...:eek:hyeah: and some1 liked the A** of the Samsung a lot... :tongue:

So, u can go ahead and hop for this Samsung...

clown_abhi said:
The resolution is wierd in Samsung, but it does not matter since nearly every game u run will have an option of running at those resolutions...And it would look good as it should...
For movies and entertainment...These 16:9 are real beauties...That's why in upcoming days u are gonna see a flood of 16:9 monitors and not 16:10 monitors...:bleh:

It won't matter, if u have a graphics card anything above a 9600GT to play at default resolutions and the wierdness would not come into picture et all...:p
Even for scaling i am supposing, it's built on the same engine as the Samsung S2233SW, so scaling at lower resolutions should be also good.

Add to it the size is a inch more and size does matter...;)

And the looks are out of this world...:eek:hyeah: and some1 liked the A** of the Samsung a lot... :tongue:

So, u can go ahead and hop for this Samsung...
+1. I completely agree with Clown Abhi :D

Can somebody tell me what is the finish of samsung t-2033 and Dell's ultrashrp one (S1909). I intend to buy a matt finish one

Back