Video LCD TV - Budget 70K

Hi,

I am looking for an LCD TV (~40") and the budget is approx 70K and these are the models that I find interesting:

1. Samsung - LA40A610 (64K)
2. Sony - KLV-40V400A (74K
3. LG - 42LG80FR (66K)

Out of the three the LG offering looks pretty good. Sony looks a bit pricey. I have noticed SONY (W40) and LG in ezone and actually found the LG PQ slightly better than the Sony and it was a W series at that. I dont know if I got swayed by the price subconsiously but I would like to know your inputs on the Sony PQ and also Samsung PQ. On paper samsung doesnt have some features which the other 2 have.

Your thoughts please..

well the sony W series has the higest contrast of the tvs u have mentioned followed by sony V series.the only negative draw back the sony usualy gets in reviews are the price .
the LG 80 which is nothing more then a LG 70 with extra sound has the least amount of contrast.and if u look at the review of LG70 its colors arent good either compared to others like sony.

W series is way beyond my budget. The series being discussed is V and how does it compare with the LG Jazz.

What I saw a W series and the LG Jazz together, I found the LG looking better/natural. And if W is supposed to be better than V then I will have to go look again and see the V on display which is on the other side and wont be easy to compare side by side.

Moreover LG is 2" more so thats another +

One of my friends said that its easier to change the bulb of a Sony Bravia while for others you need a technician which costs money.

My priorities are:

1. Image Quality

2. After Sales Service/Spares

3. Initial Cost

4. Ease of use/Features

in that order.

spacenoxx said:
W series is way beyond my budget. The series being discussed is V and how does it compare with the LG Jazz.

What I saw a W series and the LG Jazz together, I found the LG looking better/natural. And if W is supposed to be better than V then I will have to go look again and see the V on display which is on the other side and wont be easy to compare side by side.

Moreover LG is 2" more so thats another +

One of my friends said that its easier to change the bulb of a Sony Bravia while for others you need a technician which costs money.

My priorities are:

1. Image Quality
2. After Sales Service/Spares
3. Initial Cost
4. Ease of use/Features

in that order.

well the W series has a Wide gamot color display so the colors are deeper,but appart from the W series has a 10% advantage in contrast compared to V series which in turn has a 230% more static ANSI contrast advantage compared to LG.
the W series also has a slightly tweaked image processing in the form of Live color view which adds a bit more dynamic contrast by altering the backligh settings and also gives deeper colors this feature was present in last years V300 models but for some reason sony has taken it off from the V400a model.

ur friend was wrong u cannot change the backlight of any lcd, be it sony or other, by urself it will have to be done by a technician .

well image quality the sony V series,unless offcourse u compare to W series.
VFM is clearly not in favour of sony W series since it is around 25k more expensive and definetly IMO not worth the premium,BTW there is already a new W series called the W450A will be soon launched in india.

sony is very easy to use,also sony tvs if i remember seeing engadget.com was awarded the green award for having the lowest power consumption compared to anyother lcd.

sony is so expensive that is why i am going to buy samsung series 5 lcd !! but if u compare between sammy and lg, get the sammy man !

m looking for a 40 incher as well. sony, lg, and samsung all options are open.
these r the rates m getting
sammy : 40a550 -> 57k
40a610 -> 61k
people say 550 and 610 have the same panel, but i looked and found that 550 was wider as compared to 610. 610 on the other hand is taller.

did not enquire deeply into sony, but for lg :

lg60 : 57k
lg80: 60k

the set would be connected to a pc/ wd hd media player.

(sorry for asking in this thread but is sony better for a crt or philips?)

Well sony have reduced prices for w series so you can now get one for ard. 90k .........12k more than v series. Else you can go for sammy series 5.But downside is sammy series 5 has a crappy upscaler.

smoky004 said:
Well sony have reduced prices for w series so you can now get one for ard. 90k .........12k more than v series. Else you can go for sammy series 5.But downside is sammy series 5 has a crappy upscaler.

W series should cost around 20% cheaper in grey market around 75k,i guess they are launching the W450A which has 100Hz motion flow hence the price cut or they are launching the Z450A which has 200Hz motion flow.

adder said:
W series should cost around 20% cheaper in grey market around 75k,i guess they are launching the W450A which has 100Hz motion flow hence the price cut or they are launching the Z450A which has 200Hz motion flow.

any idea when? i am waiting for the W450 series.

spacenoxx said:
Its a HD ready TV, not full HD. Wont do sir.

What are you going to do with Full HD anyway. Full HD is marked for 2010 or 2011. Only thing you can is download full HD movies and watch otherwise i don't think its of much use.

smoky004 said:
any idea when? i am waiting for the W450 series.

well the W450a should already be available in the grey marekt,in showrooms by march.but the 40inch W450A will be more then a lakh in showroom.

nfsfan said:
has anybody else experienced pinkish tints with their sony bravias?

i read here, post 5 to be exact :
Urgent help in choosing 40" lcd

going to buy a set this weekend(my father still does not know whether the purchase is going to be a lcd or a crt :))

well that tint is visible pretty much in every lcd company,its called backlight bleed which u barely notice.although quite less then the one showed in the video,backlight bleed was only a issue in sony W2000 lcd which wasnt available in india and was a early 2007 model.

Back