Monitors LCD TV or LCD Monitor for My PC ?? (Plz help me its urgent)

ANP !!!

Skilled
I was going to order a Dell 2407 today, but thought why not give a LCD TV a try. I m not a Hardcore gamer, usually Movies n Music, The Games which i play most are usually COD/CS/Quake/BF and all FPS.

Long Story Short, i had been way too much Pissed by this, so decided to make a Thread. Wht should i buy

A Samsung Bordeaux 26" + HD DVD Player (HDMI and all) + 8800GTX/GTS.

OR

A Dell 2407 + 8800GTX..

ALso PS i have a Logitech Z5500. :cool:

Plz help me decide this...

PS: I Play like 6 hrs MAX a Day, (Wht should i buy ):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TIA

shado.....

samsung has resolution of 1366X768 which look very bad on a 26inch screen ...... for computer uaage i will suggest Dell over it any day :)

Never chose a TV asthe display for a PC unless your only using the PC to watch movies/TV

TVs have very low resolutions. Whatever screen you have now, put ur res down to 600x800 and thats some idea of what it will look like on a TV

Shado, whats the resolution on the Bordeaux?

IIRC, it's 1366 X 768 ...

Spyral, LCD TVs with VGA/DVI in are a lot better than regular crt tv's for use as a monitor ( which is i presume what formed your point of reference in the quote above), the 1366X768 on the Bordeaux will be a whole lot better than a regular CRT esp. with Cleartype enabled

...though having said that, the 2407 is a better choice if theprimary usage is intended to be that as a PC monitor as text rendering @ 1366X768 will look somewhat bloated on a 26"...

however, the bordeaux will have a better contrast ratio and better de-interlaced viewing than the 2407

Choose the Bordeaux if the primary usage is TV/Movies ...FOr desktop usage, the bordeaux will be decent but obviously not as good as the higher resolution on the 2407

Choose the 2407 is the primary usage is as a Desktop with incidental TV/Movie viewing as TV/Movies will look relatively washed out on the 1000:1 Contrast ratio on the 2407 vs 5000:1 (claimed?) on the Bordeaux

For gaming, it's a tradeoff between brighter, larger, higher contrast images AND higher resolution (but is your system going to be good enough for 1920X1200 gaming..the 8800 GTX will be good enough for that for sure, but for how long?)

So essentially you need to choose between a higher reolution OR a higher contrast ratio!

@ Dubudhi

LCD monitors aren't too good for watching TV..the low contrast ratio being the culprit (which is also the reason why LCD TVS are more expensive for the same or size )

superczar said:
@ Dubudhi
LCD monitors aren't too good for watching TV..the low contrast ratio being the culprit (which is also the reason why LCD TVS are more expensive for the same or size )

agreed :) ...but that still doesn't justify the cost...especially when you are gonna double up the display as a monitor...

If it is gonna be used only for gaming and movies, then i guess you need that quality...otherwise you can spend the moolah saved other L33t stuff...:eek:hyeah:

The thing that spoils the PC experience on the LCD TV is dot pitch. Most of these LCD tvs have very large dot pitch. When you sit 10 feet away and watch tv it does not look bad. But try to read text from 2 feet away and it looks awful.

@Superczar: Thnx dude, Primary need will be offcource Gaming, Secondly Movies n finally Web surfing. My only Concern with the 2407 is its Banding Problem and ultra high resolution. Ofcourse a 8800gtx will be good enough for that resolution, but since i wont be Upgrading the card before like 2 yrs, i might be left with playing at lower resolutions in future. Also i personally saw the Boredeaux (yes the reso is 1366 X 768 :D), and i liked it. tho the resolution seemed a bit low. Tomo i m gonna take my Uncles laptop to that showroom n test it with the TV, And see wht it really looks like :D.

Also if the prices goo down soon for the 8800gtx, i may get it (if i get a LCD TV :D)..

My Question: Is a LCD TV good for GAMING ????

My Question: Is a LCD TV good for GAMING ????

If you're gaming from a distance then the LCD TV is probably a better choice as the detail will still look good and games will run faster at the lower resolution, however the higher resolution of the LCD monitor will definately make it easier to read text.

How about if i game at about 2 feet away and See Movies at 5-6 feet away from the LCD. ?? . Will i be able to get Acceptable Pic Quality..

I saw a demo of Xbox360 connected to a Samsung 26" LCD , and it seemed good enough even from 2-3 feet away. Movies will definately look good on LCD TV's.

You can get Powercolor Theater 550 Pro Tv Tuner or Compro VideoMate TV Gold Plus 2. These two are the best tv tuners available in India.

Back