Video LCD TV to PC VGA or hdmi!!

EscSysRq

Adept
guys i was trying to connect my tv to pc but i found out that pc detect the analog video but not able to detect my tv as well as no display on tv....also the pc option in my tv is grayed out......i was using cheap vga cable[90 rs].......tv is LA32A550 samsung............i checked on net abt this problem and it has occured with many of users and looks like it is a hit or miss.........

so guys which interface to connect, hdmi or vga to get best PQ............also many of u might have experienced this sorta problem how to ractify it........how much the hdmi -dvi cable cost....

s-video worked fine but pQ was fugly.........

Switch said:
HDMI=DVI=Component > VGA

But only a bit :)

no, not by a bit, its by a huge margin, am using the exact same lcd with HDMI now and was using it with VGA earlier and the difference is night and day, its like using a different LCD all together

OP

get a DVI > HDMI adapter or cable and use it, should be 500 bux, dont go for fancy expensive ones like gold plated and all, just get something with good build quality

Maybe your VGA cable was broken... Cuase i have tried almost all four of those standards from the same source(PC) on my LCD TV as well as my PC LCD and i feel VGA is right up there...

just talked with company guy who came with mounting bracket kit..........he said he will bring new vga cable......he said vga cable will cost 175\- ...lets see what he brings.....

[i hope he wont attampt to sell me same vga cable which are available for 90rs......]

@ switch

i baught cable after checking it in shop and it was working fine on his lcd moniter

In reality the diff. bet. vga and hdmi is not huge.But i have noticed that the diff. between them is huge on sammy series 6 lcds.That's because using the vga port seems to clear most of Sammy's

processing and the resultant image doesn't look that good. Maybe that's the case with series 5 lcds as well.

If comp. doesn't have hdmi port go get a DVI > HDMI adapter

Rave said:
no, not by a bit, its by a huge margin, am using the exact same lcd with HDMI now and was using it with VGA earlier and the difference is night and day, its like using a different LCD all together

OP
get a DVI > HDMI adapter or cable and use it, should be 500 bux, dont go for fancy expensive ones like gold plated and all, just get something with good build quality

Yah, I fully agree. Difference is extensive/intensive perceptible. VGA mode does not support 1080p on Samsung 5/6 series LCDs.

I am also using samsung 1080p LCD. Buy HDMI cable and HDMI-DVI adapter and connect it to HDMI-2 port on Samsung, You will never look back :hap2:

TechHead said:
^FUD again man.. give it up :p

Just saying FUD cant change superiority of digital over analogue if you go by theory ;)

Practically, just connect your Viewsonic with dvi and vga separately and can see the difference in desktop look itself. Text in VGA is hazy if you compare both :tongue:

^Not that much in mine, no. All I said is that the difference is tolerable.. it isn't as if there is an 80% difference.

Anyway, comparing apples to apples, how about on a TV? Which TV do you use?

I've compared on a Pio Kuro, a Sony W series, my Philips 42" and a Panny plasma. There simply isn't that much difference between a DVi/HDMI cable and a good quality VGA hookup.

Actually in my case, it was drastic so shared accordingly here. Rave above has also said similar as per his experience. Moreover, I have tried 3 different VGA cables but these could not compete in noway with DVI/HDMI. I have been using only good quality products. One of Monster coaxial cable for SPDIF audio I have recently sold to farookh.

well am talking about 1080P playback using VGA and no the VGA cable was not broken :p

the text looked fine, the problem was when viewing the whites, using VGA the different shades of white visible were indistinguishable where as with HDMI that has improved to a large extent, maybe thats because of the Samsung's processing engine kicking in as someone else posted above but i maintain the difference is very noticeable

I am not a fussy guy but the difference between VGA and HDMI was more than noticeable on my lowly Bravia 32S

Switch, HDMI=DVI>component (usually, assuming a small cable length- and the fact that the HD source is a HTPC)

Bump.

So I have decided to connect my PC to the LCD TV. I dont want to move the PC so it will connect to both the TV and my PC monitor. Since the TV is a bit far away from the PC I want to use a VGA cable. It will need to be about 12M in length. Will that give me good quality signal? Also how much will that cost?

What other options do I have? My GPU has 2 DVI slots. TV has VGA, HDMI and component. Distance is about 12-15M.

Hey.. Im planing to buy an LG 47LH90..

I have an older computer (Pentium 4) with no graphics card.. (64 MB inbuilt)

Max screen resolution of the inbuilt graphics is 1280 by 1024 pixels with 60-85 Hz

I just wanted to know if I connected the HDTV with the VGA of my computer, how the PQ will be form a distance of about 15 feet? (I have lots of 700 MB DvDrips as well as HD content)

robin666 said:
Hey.. Im planing to buy an LG 47LH90..
I have an older computer (Pentium 4) with no graphics card.. (64 MB inbuilt)
Max screen resolution of the inbuilt graphics is 1280 by 1024 pixels with 60-85 Hz

I just wanted to know if I connected the HDTV with the VGA of my computer, how the PQ will be form a distance of about 15 feet? (I have lots of 700 MB DvDrips as well as HD content)

well at 15 feet don't worry u won't notice the benefit of higher resolution.

Back