Video LCD TV VS TFT Monitor - Which one's better?

I was at Croma yesterday and saw a 22 inch LCD TV (LG, dunno model no.) and some 22 inch TFT Monitors. The LCD TV clearly looked better (No TN panel either) than the monitors. It was for 16.5k.

The LG LCD TV was HDMI, xxxx*1050 resolution etc.

So i was wondering if LCD TVs are indeed better than TFT Monitors?

Are they worth buying if available at a sane price? (~15-17k).

Any 22inch LCD TV Models available in the market?

dude the resolution of lcd tv are very low unless u r spending a bomb to buy a full hd lcd tv.The lcd tv will suck in games and documents.

Better get a viewsonic vx2235wm-5 for 12,350 or if u can find a benq 2200hd then get that for ard 15k to 16k

And I am using a tv tuner with my viewsonic and the quality is quite good so choice is upto u.

Rave said:
LCD TV under 32" is not worth it, rather get the monitor :p

agree but monitors like 28inch or 26inch which have TN panels also are not worth IMO.so are monitors like 30inch which costs what around 90k,well for around half the price u can get a 1080p 32inch tv.

TV is TV, monitor is monitor.

A 22" 'TV' with 1680x1050 is essentially a 22" monitor with a TV tuner card and speakers.

And low res material looks good on low res screen, so don't look at broadcast on a 1680x1050 screen and complain it looks bad. It's supposed to look bad.

Buy what you need. If you need a PC monitor that can double up as a TV, and you have more people in your household that need a TV, get a TFT TV and hook up your PC to it.

If you need a monitor for your PC, get a monitor. The pixel pitch, viewing angle, viewing distance, reslution, size, input capability are all traded off between TVs and monitors.

And though it's true that my monitor cost me much in excess of what I could get a 42" LCD TV for, it's a 4 megapixel display, and you can sit six inches from it and not have your head hurt after.

By the way almost all small-screen TVs use TN panels, with a few exceptions. Some of the larger ones have better panels.

Ok. all the discussion does clear out some doubts.

I just need a computer monitor actually. So i guess a TFT would be the best way to go forward.

Back