Leaked LTT AlderLake Benchmarks (Intel 12th Gen desktop, 12900K, 12600K)

Looks legit, games good and the big-little on desktop is for MT leadership.
But, if the Zen 3D V-Cache claims hold up, it'll be a very good back and forth.

12600k looks exceptional value for its MSRP. Need to see street prices and platform pricing to check it's true value against the 5800x that may be it's real world MT competitor.

The sleeping dragon has woken up, and this I remember is akin to the Core2 Duo hit after a good duration of Athlon 64 and x2 (long live socket 939) domination. Let's just hope that AMD doesn't bulldoze again, and competition truly helps us customers... We don't need another quad core stagnation situation...

Last edited:
Seems to be good especially for the i5 but we have to wait for the DDR4 based tests and compare that to current gen platforms. Thing is the Z690 and DDR5 will absolutely blow the budget making the i5 a bad deal.

Loving those numbers, great to see competition accelerating in the CPU space again. I'm just worried if this is going to have a big effect on LTT's relationship with intel, since they did release the review ahead of schedule. Pretty sure Linus wouldn't release it on purpose, hopefully they can weather the storm if Intel's going to make one

what are intels commitment levels on this socket/chipset ?

Because AM4 socket has been bonkers
chrome_image_4 Nov 2021 18_28_27 GMT+05_30.png

https://dl125.zzcdn.xyz/download?fi...DTimK95dDVzLmNvbS1EYW1uLCBJbnRlbCHimK8xMDgwcA

^The (now taken down) video. Think it's scheduled for 6:30pm IST
Embargo is over, wait for the YT recommendations to be filled with reviews and benchmarks

the brilliance of zen series is not over clocking, it, rather its undervolting and getting maximum out of it and you can do it on any motherboard i dont understand the godlikes and heros , i have a hero but than any good midranger with good vrm would do the trick

@Darth Vader It's a win for Intel. Power consumption have reduced from last gen (100W less) with much better performance. If you check LTT gaming power consumption comparison it's better or comparable to Zen3.
Thts one way to put it but considering the cost of the platform+ beefy cooler (even NH-D15 doest cut it per LTT lol) for overall +5% avg performance is not worthy upgrade to existing Intel/AMD offerings.

relative-performance-games-2560-1440.png

If you check LTT gaming power consumption comparison it's better or comparable to Zen3.

Productivity power consumption is absolutely atrocious. It's about 15% faster on a much faster DDR5 platform with over 100W more power consumed. This is pretty much dead on arrival for content creators. I'm getting nightmarish flashbacks from my FX9590 days just looking at those numbers. And I was really hoping for something more impressive:

Performance stagnated between 2014 and the release of AMD's 1st gen Zen processors, but we've seen constant yearly jumps since then and that's without Intel's actual response to AMD's Zen, which is coming with their 12th gen.

this big little shit looks good on phone socs or portable/low powered devices... another way intel trying to save its face
HT on p cores not on e cores , if you need avx 512 e cores need to be disabled .
i dont know the technicalities but to be more presentable intel should have shut down the p cores and run the machine on e cores to maintain the efficiency and look good on charts as well :p

But in gaming the power draw is not that crazy.

For productivity workloads AMD is still king though.

Agreed that its not much of a step up as its being portrayed but at least it makes Intel competitive.

If that didn't happen AMD would play the same lazy trick Intel played from 2010 onwards with progress and pricing brackets.

I am expecting AMD to bite back with AM5 chips and take back the crown. As we know AMD architecture loves fast RAM speeds and all the existing reviews are comparing Intel DDR5 to Zen 3 DDR4.

Good days for a PC enthusiast if only we didn't have the silicon shortage.

This is pretty much dead on arrival for content creators.
As a 5950x user, does power consumption really matter in the real world for a non corporate user?
For 1/2 CPUs, additional power consumed really doesn't matter much, anybody who is using more than that is not looking for prosumer parts anyway.

There is significant improvement in single thread performance, they are going head to head with a 16 core AMD offering with 8+4 cores, whilst offering PCIE5 and other new features. IMO, overall its a win. Availability of reasonable DDR4 motherboards will determine initial success.

Back