Learn Assembly Language Correctly.

Assembly language is probably the hardest language to learn, debug, and master, but if you can learn how to use it you will probably be one of the best programmers. This well written tutorial will teach you how.

ArtOfAssembly
Its indeed a well written tutorial.

Thanks Albert...
Me too learning Assembly Language
and this book will be of great help. :)

Edit: Any downloadable version available?

Albert, I've had this for a long time - but it is not that useful for college purposes.
It uses HLA and UCR which are Randall Hyde specific.
To that extent it is of no use. On the other hand it does make learning assembly type programming easy, and certainly is good for learning concepts - especially the advanced arithmetic part.

Thnx for the reply King,to be honest with you mate i have no idea about Assembly language all i know that its the basis and the most diffcult language to learn.
I posted it knowing that maybe some here will needed it,feedback from People like you who has knowledge about this will help us the community know whats all about.
Thnx mate!

Btw what do you think about the first link?or did you mean both links by your reply?

Both. It goes like this.
Randall Hyde originally added UCR (universal common runtime - can't remember what u meant exactly)
Basically a set of assembly language libraries to make programming easier. It is DOS based, so it is useful for college, but limited for real life I guess.
Later when he wanted UCR2.0 he created HLA - high level assembly. That is quite weird with support for a lot of high level language features. They are supposed to simplify the teaching of assembly, and U can subsequently shift over to MASM with a weeks devotion (or so he claims). Unfortunately the "making easier" part applies to people who know Pascal (or delphi) since his extensions are almost entirely Pascal like.
Also one little infuriating detail:
All assemblers (MASM/TASM/NASM/gas) have instructions as so -
instr destination,source
Randall dear has -
instr(source,destination)
Ultimately (after reading 400 pages) I gave up for that very reason. It was just too contrary.

Nice explanation their mate,do you have any idea about Randall's last book "write great code" and what books/tutorials do you recommend for students/beginners.

Sorry. Am not an assembly guru. WatI worte was just about my entire knowledge of HLA vs Assembly. Have been looking for good tuts myself.here was a guy ferrari over on /ta and digit who was an asmbly guru, but he's dropped off the scene nowadays.
But for basic assembly I guess u shud start with Peter Abel's book, and then later try Turley's book.
After that I guess u are on your own.

I've read assembly language of the 8086 by reading a book by cheung li....great book....anyways thanks for the link...have any of you guys cracked any software using assembly language?

Back