learn to create web based programs

Sangita

Recruit
Hi Everyone,

I'm Sangita, well I'm a doctor, working in a CRO firm at Andheri and have interest in knowing n learning to create web based programs kinda da one I'm using right now (thread page). I dont know anythng abt softwares n programms. I plan to do a course on it, can u suggest which will be the right option for me.

Thanks to all.

LAMP(Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) + Ajax (Javascript)

to start with learn the basics of LA and get deeper into MP. Then you will know where to go next.

why linux.. she can do the same thing in windoze

and guessing she has been using wiondoze , she won't have to learn another thing

well, to start with windoze is ok. I think there are AMP packages for windows to get started with (Havent used them, so no idea of its name). But eventually, a linux based server is the best platform to run xAMP based solution.

As I said basics of LA should be ok and good knowledge of MP would be the key. If one starts with linux for learning MySQL and PHP/../.., by the time they have a good understanding, the process would have made them learn a bit more of LA ;). Thats why I suggested Linux to start with as the final solution is better run on Linux.

Found it: Its called XAMPP and can be downloaded thru apache friends - very easy apache, mysql, php and perl installation without hassles. But I would still suggest using Linux.

for windows there is xampp ,wamp ,etc..
and learning mysql on windows and linus is same ...
as of coding for php again it doesnt matter if you code in linux or windows..

So better be wid the OS that you are comfertable with,its not C that it will matter if u code in windows or linux..

Thank you so much guys.. for all these suggestions ). Could u tell me If home tutorials will help me or I need to luk out for an institute to learn them?

Thanks again,
S

^^ if you are learning programming for the first time, go outside and let someone teach you, Once you learn any programming language, other stuff you can teach urself.

Good luck

Its better to start with tutoring/institute where you can interact with others who are also learning. Along with this read things on the net as sometimes the coursework in institutes tend to narrow your mind in certain ways.

Once you know the basics, the net can teach you a lot. Take up some open source framework, get into it and use the forums. People are very helpful if questions are framed in the right way.

good luck

I dont think any of those classes help. seen many ppl do that, and it doesnt make much of a difference. you gotta do all by yourself in the end.

My suggestion will be to start with ASP + Access, though its ages old its easy to start off and learn. once through you can jump to any other language. php would be choice at that time and you could try mysql and pgsql. both are equally good.

A good place to start with is W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

HTML Tutorial

ASP Tutorial

PHP Tutorial

and a little of

JavaScript Tutorial

If you want somethign that just works,and dont have time to check out the details of how it works- try the online Do-It-Yourself-Online (DIYO) products like zoho creator(chennai based & potential market leader) or others like dabbleDB , formassembly or coghead.

heres what a typical app like zoho creator would look like :
Import spreadsheet and manage your data online
Bring in your data from .xls .csv and .tsv files and start managing it collaboratively over the web. Explore your data by sorting, filtering and searching.

Got a specific need? Create application from scratch
Gone are the days when you need to depend on someone else to create a database for you. Now you can create one on your own, before your coffee gets cold.

Create powerful applications using Deluge script
Deluge is an online scripting language which makes it easy to create powerful applications like Library Manager and Registration. Deluge's user-friendly syntax makes coding easy, quick and non-messy.

Receive Email notifications and RSS feeds
Get notifications via email and RSS feeds when new record gets added to your application. This way you are always up-to-date.

Create mashups using JSON feeds
Create new and innovative mashup applications and give a customized look and feel using Zoho Creator data

Embed what you create into any site /web page/ blog .

Play around with the zoho creator demo account and see for yourself , or see the dabble DB demo video .Other contenders are wyaworks and the indian based zero code

Ofcourse ,you can always learn it the hard way and actualy install adn develop them on *AMP(apache / mysql/php ) or any other proven rapid application framework like cakePHP , ruby on rails or django with python , but the DIYO is an interesting option that you cannot pass by without having a closer look at .

Back