PC Peripherals Led strip

klk

Disciple
If anyone every used any led strip for lightening in their pc , pls tell me your experience
also
tell me which is best led strip to buy in india.

Bitfenix are costly as its an interna'l brand.
You can in look markets around for cheap ones but they may or may not work on usual 12v and comes without the usual molex connector. Also you might have to use some converter stuff or use them AS IS as they arent actually made for computer usage & hence can be dangerous inside the cabinet.

The one which I have at home is similar ones but with a guarantee and works on a a AC voltage having a converter to convert 230 v AC - 12v DC. Cant recall the cost as I bought it bundled with all home lighting stuff but it cost me below 1k for sure for a 3meter led strip with the inverter/converter.

Those led strips work off 3v. Even 5/12v is overboard for them. If you get from eBay, get a 5/12v dc- dc driver for the strip. Over current burns off the leds.
Safe bet is to buy something made with pc power source in mind.
Edit: not talking of those bitfenix linked in post above.

damn that means no local cheap market led's can be used :( , i was looking something under rs 500 , i dont need multi color led, just white color led strip

i think its better to stay with leds of fans than led strip for 1.3k

you want me to show how did i setup the leds ? .. it will be a problem for me as i have routed the wires etc to hide them up ...

the led strips aren't visible in the case as i stuck them on the side panel and routed the cable behind the hdd cage to the psu molex connector

hence only blue light is visible in the case and the source isnt .. :p

no, i just wanna see the lights , how they look not the setup , just the show off thing lol , let me see in dark how the blue lights look ;) and also tell me cost of those leds which u got

Instead of costly items try 5050smd led strip which comes in 3 led combination and are available in local electronics shops, they cost 20rs/piece and give bright light compared to normal led strip, i am using it in my case its diwali every time i switch on pc. i am not able to upload the pic at the moment will try ASAP.[DOUBLEPOST=1403688210][/DOUBLEPOST]@klk, Instead of costly items try 5050smd led strip which comes in 3 led combination and are available in local electronics shops, they cost 20rs/piece and give bright light compared to normal led strip, i am using it in my case its diwali every time i switch on pc. i am not able to upload the pic at the moment will try ASAP.

connected to fan connector
2vkf883.jpg

its the bling!
15i2tlh.jpg

this is my setup of 5050 led
2q900w5.jpg

@klk I think its a waste of Monet if you buy branded one as they do the serve the same purpose as local cheap one.
Coming to my led I choose white as I was already using rgb colour led strip.

Back