Video LED TV Samsung UA46D5500RR .VS. SONY KDL-46EX520 .VS. ???? + Wireless Headfones(?)

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
Hi..

Looking to buy a 46' LED TV... These are the best two i could find.. and 2 differences between the two -

1 - Samung can play MKV and NTFS external HDDs + slightly favorable design..

2 - Sony has a better picture quality and can play only avi/mp4..

So which one i should go for consedring warranty, future problems etc ???

Would love your inputs and suggestions for other LED TVs too...

One more question - AFAIK there is no bluetooth in both these tvs.. so which wireless headfones should I buy for them ?? BUDGET 3-4k for headfones..

Thanks..

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
Re: LED TV Samsung UA46D5500RR .VS. SONY KDL-46EX520 .VS. ???? + Wireless Headfones

Well if you want extra warranty,sony now gives additional extended warranty for additional cost.
Bot are good tvs but you already know the drawbacks.

I believe in the samsung it doesn't have a web browser which Sony has(but is really slow and doesn't support flash in website)

GunsNRoses

Disciple
Oct 10, 2006
Re: LED TV Samsung UA46D5500RR .VS. SONY KDL-46EX520 .VS. ???? + Wireless Headfones

I think the mkv support, etc. are more like gimmicks. If you're going to play HD, its better to find a discrete solution (HTPC, netbooks, laptops?).

Also, image quality >> codec support. Sony seems better according to your description.

As far as concerns go, Samsung had some bad rep for TV sets going bad after ~1year on very old models (Series 2-3 I think).

I've owned both Series 3 and Series 6 LCDs from Samsung. The Series 3 did go bad, with the screen having some weird issues (although it still manages to work correctly most of the time). The Series 6 has been stellar for the last 3.5 years, no issues.

So do a bit of market research on your models at AVforums, AVSforums, etc.

billybob

Disciple
Mar 17, 2010

Please do post a review of your purchase!