Leeco possibly working on Android 7.1 update ?

I had bought leeco le 2 from flipkart like 7-8 months ago, and I have to say I am happy with the product I bought till this day, only downside being the battery management issues if you are a hardcore user like me but otherwise it is a over all nice smartphone for the price I had bought it for[10,999 INR] . Now,the smartphone's last android update was Marshmallow EUI version 5.8.019S(Stable) and I thought this smartphone would never get another android update due to leeco's disastrous decision to expand way too aggressively in various sectors which caused them to lay off a lot of staff,sell off many of their departments,etc.....But,just now I happened to chance upon an online article on GoAndroid[it came out on July 3,2017] that there still might be some ray of hope for us leeco users. The article clearly states through the aid of a screenshot that Leeco is clearly working on an android 7.1 update for the following devices Le 2,Pro 3, Max 2 and S3 which will be accompanied with EUI 6.0. Now, I have to clarify one thing, Leeco itself has still not commented on this issue so nothing is definite,but still it is my opinion that the aforementioned leeco devices may get nougat updates in the upcoming months leading to 2018,so cheer up fellas and yeah here is the link of the article :- https://www.goandroid.co.in/leeco-working-android-7-1-update-le-2-pro-3-max-2-s3-eui-6-0/64973/

Le Eco is dead for all intents and purposes. It is bankrupt. All their software engineers have been let go. Move on nothing to see here!

I too own a Le 2 device..
You are lucky that your device is running without any issues..
Mine started developing a weird lag issue. The touch screen would become unresponsive for about 5secs after unlocking the device using fingerprint.
So considering Le eco going bankrupt, I chose to install a custom firmware.. Got a 7.1.2 ROM from xda forums and the lag problem is gone now.. Now only issues are with the flashlight.. works sometimes and doesn't sometimes..

Mine has mostly run without much issues (Le 2). But from a few days I have been noticing that the battery drains too quickly.
Another problem that I recently discovered was that I was not able to search and connect to any bluetooth devices. I noticed this when I tried to connect my bluetooth headphones and car stereo to it. Anyone else faced this?

Another problem that I recently discovered was that I was not able to search and connect to any bluetooth devices. I noticed this when I tried to connect my bluetooth headphones and car stereo to it. Anyone else faced this?

Yes I had this one too.. Forgot to mention..
Even if I somehow manage to get it paired with my car's stereo, the next time when I try to connect it won't.. It will keep on trying to search for devices.. It was very frustrating..
Now with the custom ROM, this problem too is solved..

I too have the same issue. Were you using any custom launcher?

No.. I always use the most basic apps in my phone.. Even tried factory reset but it didn't help..

Now with the custom ROM, this problem too is solved..
Good to hear that. Let me know which ROM you flashed. Is rooting easy on this?
My experience with custom roms is limited to rooting my galaxy S3 and installing cyanogen on it.
Slightly OT
I was able to mirror the phone to the car stereo display using the phone link and data cable. But in that case the audio is still through the phone. So I guess I have to connect withg bluetooth only for playing sound through the car speakers, right?

Good to hear that. Let me know which ROM you flashed. Is rooting easy on this?
My experience with custom roms is limited to rooting my galaxy S3 and installing cyanogen on it.

I flashed this ROM - https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-2/development/7-x-x-carbonrom-cr-5-1-t3633888
Although I have not rooted the phone. I have only unlocked the bootloader using adb fastboot. Then installed the TWRP recovery and flashed the ROM & Gaaps.

I had some experience of flashing custom ROMs in the past. Had done it for a galaxy s4 & a galaxy note 2 in the past but this one was a bit tricky.
I have shared my experience of flashing the ROM here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73271648&postcount=114

I face issues like - flashlight doesn't work always, built in android camera app doesn't work. You need to use a 3rd party camera app like footej. IR sensor doesn't work..
Few people who are new to flashing have also reported issues like VOLTE not working, but it works fine for me..

So take into consideration these things before you proceed with the flashing. I did it only because my phone was almost unusable. The touch screen response issue was so frustrating.. I was even unable to swipe the screen to answer calls, had to keep on trying till would work after 5 secs..

Slightly OT
I was able to mirror the phone to the car stereo display using the phone link and data cable. But in that case the audio is still through the phone. So I guess I have to connect withg bluetooth only for playing sound through the car speakers, right?

Do you mean playing music while using android auto?
I'm not sure about this since I always connect to my car's stereo using bluetooth.. May be I will try this next time and tell you..

So take into consideration these things before you proceed with the flashing. I did it only because my phone was almost unusable.
Ok. Fortunately, I am not facing any issues apart form the bluetooth thing. But Volte is important and I wouldn't like to risk that.
Maybe, I'll hold on to flashing for now but keep this link and your post handy for future.
Do you mean playing music while using android auto?
I was actually trying with the Phonelink feature that was in built with the Blaupunkt 330. It mirrored the phone screen on the display.

I have two le eco le 2 . One silver and one gold . Both working fine as of now . Not rooted . One is on 19s and the other is on 21s eui I believe .
The problem with lineage is the camera does not work with the volte being patchy and also the flashlight works intermettently .
The le eco customer care near my home in Mumbai is shut . I am worried as to what to do if I need warranty for the device .
The in built le eco accounts have stopped working and so has their on line forums .
So yes we can't expect any updates from them .
It's a lost cause now . Use the phone till it lasts and then chuck it in the bin .

It's a lost cause now . Use the phone till it lasts and then chuck it in the bin .

My thoughts exactly.. We also have the option of getting it exchanged..
During the last amazon sale, somehow the exchange value was coming around 7.8k for the LG q6..
But I decided not to go for it since it had no fingerprint scanner and a weaker chipset..

I too own a Le 2 device..
You are lucky that your device is running without any issues..
Mine started developing a weird lag issue. The touch screen would become unresponsive for about 5secs after unlocking the device using fingerprint.
So considering Le eco going bankrupt, I chose to install a custom firmware.. Got a 7.1.2 ROM from xda forums and the lag problem is gone now.. Now only issues are with the flashlight.. works sometimes and doesn't sometimes..

I am sorry to hear that,apparently many consumers have complained about the exact same issue that you mentioned. Perhaps I am lucky that I have not encountered many issues on this smartphone besides the occasional sync probs,poor battery management,etc...but all over I like my 'superphone'

I have two le eco le 2 . One silver and one gold . Both working fine as of now . Not rooted . One is on 19s and the other is on 21s eui I believe .
The problem with lineage is the camera does not work with the volte being patchy and also the flashlight works intermettently .
The le eco customer care near my home in Mumbai is shut . I am worried as to what to do if I need warranty for the device .
The in built le eco accounts have stopped working and so has their on line forums .

I would not say this is a lost cause, not just yet I guess...perhaps I will be proved wrong,but I found a similar article like the one on goandroid and this was posted on Android Headlines, this is a really good site for tech news and stuff and I do not think they would write an article if they did not think there was some merit to it[same goes for goandroid ofc], here is the link:- https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/07/leeco-seems-testing-android-7-1-five-phones.html . I found another article on the aforementioned topic on another seemingly good tech site[getdroidtips], here is the link:- https://www.getdroidtips.com/android-7-1-nougat-update-leeco-le-2-pro-3-max-2-s3-eui-6-0/ . I hope this 'rumour' turns out to be true as I believe leeco users like me have been waiting too long for the android 7.1 update to hit our phones. I do not know about you,but I believe that this just might come true :)

Have you checked the le eco india forums , they too are offline now . Lineage will not have a working camera till they release the proprietary libraries pertaining to it . Android Nougat may be a long shot , I'll be happy even if I'm provided with the latest Android security update . Also in the latest stock ROM the device status in playstore is uncertified . I too have blue tooth connectivity problems in my golden le eco le2 . The silver one seems fine . The phone for it's price packs quite a punch . But unfortunately we are let down by the company . My only hope here is if Coolpad in it's collaboration with le eco releases a ROM for our device .

Back