Left 4 Dead Demo Impressions Thread

montylee

Skilled
So, i played the single player campaign yesterday and also a bit of multiplayer. It was just ok ok, nothing that exiting....
But something changed today...i played multiplayer again today and it was awesome. We played on advanced difficulty earlier on and died 6-7 times. Then we played on expert difficulty and when we finally managed to escape it was a very satisfying feeling.
I have one query:

I had read that we can play as zombies as well but i don't know if that is possible in the game. I pressed the "m" key in the game but couldn't change teams...
Can't wait to play it again...

Also wanted to add what i missed in the game and badly wanted it:
1) A chainsaw using which i can rip the zombies apart.

2) A more variety of weapons. Currently we only have a shotgun or small minigun to choose from in most of the demo....
I think chainsaw is a must...
Post ur experiences...

the chainsaw wont work in this particular game. from what ive seen in the demo, 99% of your enemies are melee based attackers. Using a chainsaw will ruin the gameplay in that situation where u just keep running around with the trigger pressed without any ammo to worry about.

Since its just two levels, its to be expected that there are only a few weapons. You do get the autoshotgun, sniper and assault rifle in certain random instances.

Very enjoyable demo in multiplayer, especially the higher difficulty levels where theres the possibility to face the Tank zombie. Im always in awe at what the source engine can pull off. However, im a little concerned if the retail version will get repetitive despite the director randomizing levels each time. Also, as mentioned in the other L4D thread, its not worth 50 bucks.

So let me get something very straight about this game, this is better off in Multi-player mode right? I mean online co-op & stuff like that right? or is the Singleplayer even worth touching?

^ Singleplayer is with bots on your side, they won't move until you do. SP is good for practicing before you try joining a expert server - You're warned!! You won't survive!! :D hehe

Anyways this game looks & plays great..I love the atmosphere, its just too darn expensive right now!! The dollar isn't helping either - $1 = 49Rs :|

So this is like Quake III kind of SP thingy? Not like some missions ended game. Then probably it can wait as I'm not much into multiplayer gaming anyway.

zibalingz said:
^ Singleplayer is with bots on your side, they won't move until you do. SP is good for practicing before you try joining a expert server - You're warned!! You won't survive!! :D hehe

Anyways this game looks & plays great..I love the atmosphere, its just too darn expensive right now!! The dollar isn't helping either - $1 = 49Rs :|

Wait for retail Rs.999,thats what im doing

@Ethan: :chair:

I have bought it, its worth it allright!

The SP campaings are ok for a practice run. The multiplayer ones are the ones that you really want, :D

SharekhaN said:
I have bought it, its worth it allright!

The SP campaings are ok for a practice run. The multiplayer ones are the ones that you really want, :D

what do you see in the game that makes it worth 2200 bucks? if the demo is anything to go by, the campaign will be about 2 hours long and use 5 maps. apart from that you'll get 15 more maps and an ai director that rehashes the gameplay by randomizing zombie, boss and item spawns. how long do you think it's appeal will last?

edit : i have noticed an interesting trend though. people who pre-ordered it seem to think it's worth the price. people who waited for the public demo generally seem to think otherwise. it seems that it's a beautiful example of cognitive dissonance, specifically post purchase rationalization.

spindoctor said:
what do you see in the game that makes it worth 2200 bucks? if the demo is anything to go by, the campaign will be about 2 hours long and use 5 maps. apart from that you'll get 15 more maps and an ai director that rehashes the gameplay by randomizing zombie, boss and item spawns. how long do you think it's appeal will last?

edit : i have noticed an interesting trend though. people who pre-ordered it seem to think it's worth the price. people who waited for the public demo generally seem to think otherwise. it seems that it's a beautiful example of cognitive dissonance, specifically post purchase rationalization.

Wait for 3 more days and you will edit all of that again . . i am sure :bleh:

played the multiplayer demo once..

not worth 50 bucks.

will get repetitive no matter what.

din't even bother playing wiht other TE chaps despite desiring to do so earlier.

! 0 t A said:
Wait for 3 more days and you will edit all of that again . . i am sure :bleh:

:)

hey if it releases here for 900 bucks like i'm hearing i'll probably pick up a copy myself. 45$ is just way too much imo.

Back