Lenovo A1 Tablet to be priced at $199 only

Yes, as the title says, this new tablet has been priced by Lenovo at just $199 for the 16gb model..

the specifications goes:

7 -inch 1024x600 display
1GHz Cortex A8 processor
8GB, 16GB, or 32GB storage
SD Card reader and microSD card reader
3MP rear shooter
VGA front camera
Android 2.3

looking at the above specs, the price sure looks sweet and then there is a miniusb slot too..

though, as usual, the indian price is yet to be revealed but i just hope that lenovo price it under the 10k mark. and who knows, it might even start a new war for low-priced tablets in the market as all the biggies have been over the 20k price-level till now..

more details here

2.3 + Tablet = not worth it :p

You could argue its worth for the price it sells, but that's my opinion after owning and using Galaxy Tab 7" for nearly 8 months!

^^ well, i've not owned an android yet, so i can't be sure about the difference, but dude there's way too difference in the price of galaxy tab and this one..

also, somethings i want out of an under-10k tablet is:

it should play videos seemlessly

android games without glitch except the HD ones

and i should be able to use it as an ebok reader and comic/pdf reader

and i think it will certainly be better than the unbranded chinese tablets being sold on ebay :p

PS: who knows it might catch the attention of all those modders who have made the android all the more enjoyable by releasing new android fw release, and once it happens, honeycomb will just be a matter of time.

Yes, as I said it's okay if it sells for sub-10k! Its my personal opinion after using/owning 7"/9.7"/10.1" screen tablets that a 7" display is too small to be called a tablet :) The main thing is to have your expectations right (yours seem fair)!

Back