Lenovo After Sale Service ? (Laptop)

hitesh12

Adept
Lenovo have some great offerings and I was wondering how good their service is
Please share your experiences guys

Last edited:
First things first. The quality of the laptop(in my case G580) sucks! The screen on the laptop is worst ever seen on a laptop. My eyes were bloodshot red the first two days I sent with the laptop. Then the HDD crashed in 3 months only. When I contacted the CC they said they would replace the HDD but when I raised the question that I need the old HDD for some time for data recovery they said they would not replace the new HDD unless I return the old one. (The tech guy from Lenovo confirmed the HDD had crashed!) On the other hand, Dell gives to time to recover your data and replaces your HDD in the mean time. Second, as soon the warranty expired the 'M' key started behaving weird. It works sometime. A known issue with Lenovo. The tech guy had several issues pending with him with similar complaints. I was also eyeing for the 'Y' series laptop from Lenovo but when checked on newegg I saw that Lenovo thinks less of Indian consumers. They sell Y series with dual graphics and SSD included while in India you have to buy them separately. From my experience DELL is the best both quality-wise and service-wise. Your choice now.

75% of my laptops till today has been either IBM or Lenovo. Only once did I go to rectify a booting problem and the CC guy said motherboard had to be replaced. I then asked him to give me a quote. He then took time for a week and after even one month and several reminders he could not provide me a quote. Out of desperation I showed to a local technician. He did a small repair in the power-supply circuit of the motherboard at the cost of 300/-. That laptop is still being used by my son. Till now the average lifespan of my Lenovo/IBM laptops has been >5yrs. My current primary laptop in home is Y430 bought from a TE member three years ago.
Looking at the ASS of Lenovo I have decided not to use their service. Though I am all for Lenovo products for VFM. However once it goes bad, it is better to get it repaired locally or donate for spare parts.

Good for you if they lasted more than 5 years. But I m talking about Lenovo not IBM. My friend had a old Lenovo and it lasted long. You could tell even looking that it uses good plastic material. Hence, when my dad asked me which laptop did I want, I told him Lenovo from VFM point of view but since then having nightmares. It has i5-3rd gen, 4GB RAM, 1GB nVidia m610 discrete graphics, 500GB HDD, 15inch screen for 36k. What else could you ask for? But that cheap price is compensated in the built. Still cursing while I type this comment, missing 'M' button strokes and poor 'glossy' screen.

From my experience of owning 3 Lenovo laptops, z560, z570 and z500, they have been just pure awesome. Never had any problems with them.

Exactly man u don't, so dont expect everything at 36k.

Actually dell is the worst at the moment, Shoddy service, pathetic build, pathetic screens, pathetic features.

As a matter of fact, you are the first person on the Earth who said Dell has worst service. Even tech personals from Lenovo told me Dell has the best service till date.

36k might not 'much' for you but how many purchase or have ability to purchase an Alienware? You speak as if Alienware is the only laptop made. The Lion's share of profit to these companies come from the budget market FYI. And, if you do care to read my comments full then you will notice that I mentioned these companies used to make quality laptops in budget categories. This forum caters to the everyone not just you. Just my 2 cents.

I complained when there was a booting issue during onsite warranty period. The technician was able to find out the issue, till date never had any issue with them.
I don't know about other cities.

The after sales Service of Dell has degraded in case if you're thinking about DELL. Better look at HP or lenovo.

As a matter of fact, you are the first person on the Earth who said Dell has worst service. Even tech personals from Lenovo told me Dell has the best service till date.

36k might not 'much' for you but how many purchase or have ability to purchase an Alienware? You speak as if Alienware is the only laptop made. The Lion's share of profit to these companies come from the budget market FYI. And, if you do care to read my comments full then you will notice that I mentioned these companies used to make quality laptops in budget categories. This forum caters to the everyone not just you. Just my 2 cents.

Im just telling you about the status of the market,they want us to shell out lakhs to get a good build , no manufacturer gives good build at 36k.

Also yes, dell service has degraded,and laptops are getting shittier day by day.

^ +1. I am not saying Dell has worst service, but it is no better than Lenovo or HP at least in my town which is not a Metro or A-class. In fact after seeing the suffering of my friend, I just forgot about Dell. Initially I was all ga-ga over Dell (after experiencing Dell service in USA).

Good for you if they lasted more than 5 years. But I m talking about Lenovo not IBM...

@geek0killer, time period that I was talking about is for both Lenovo as well as Thinkpad. If I remember correctly following are the models I have used:

Thinkpad R51 (ran for 5 years and still usable, along with Dell d610)
Thinkpad T60 (I think) provided to me by my office an still being used after more than 4 years
Lenovo Y530 (currently being used by my son)
Lenovo B460 (Using at my work. Around three years old. Battery still gives me 45mins)
Lenovo Y430 (currently being used. Recently the power adapter got burnt. Repaired it using for last two months)

Last edited:
I have seen a guy getting 1TB HDD in lieu when his 320GB HDD crashed. The Dell service guy said they didn't had 320GB in stock. They even considered leaving the crashed HDD with the customer to retrieve data. So, to the original post starter of the forum, suit yourself.

I have seen a guy getting 1TB HDD in lieu when his 320GB HDD crashed. The Dell service guy said they didn't had 320GB in stock. They even considered leaving the crashed HDD with the customer to retrieve data. So, to the original post starter of the forum, suit yourself.

Even western digital does that.

That's beside the point.

My Y500 laptop is now a year old, and I have not faced a single problem .

I availed of their accidental warranty service, they replaced my BACKLIT KEYBOARD and TouchPad for no reason. There wasent any fault.

I know dell was good. Is good in some cases

But i would suggest to avoid them.

I availed of their accidental warranty service, they replaced my BACKLIT KEYBOARD and TouchPad for no reason. There wasent any fault.

That is odd. Did that happened before you got the delivery of the product or later on?

Maybe they generally use inferior material for 'regular' warranty..

That is odd. Did that happened before you got the delivery of the product or later on?

Maybe they generally use inferior material for 'regular' warranty..

Didn't get you.

1 year on, due to excessive gaming, the a, s, d, w, shift keys had worn out I asked them to replace it. And they did.

Same with the TouchPad.

Back