Laptops lenovo G410 34Q battery issue

I own this laptop for almost 2 yrs, now the problem is that the battery isnt charging at all. So i m running it on direct power.My queries are...

1. Is it expected for a laptop battery to go dead in abt 2 yrs ( i have used it quiet a lot, for many hours continuously)

2. How much will a a battery replacement cost, is it easily available and last long enough ( i m frm hyd any specific info ll be very useful)

3. I have never got my laptop serviced since i am skeptical abt those guys ruining my machine, but now I was thinking i should hav got it serviced and it ll prolong its life. So is regular service recommended, if yes how often? it is important for me to know since I have got another laptop and i wont like to spoil it.

1. Depending upon usage, battery life will be anywhere between 2 to 4 years. Normally, it is not fully dead after 2 years, but may have degraded to hold only about 20-30 % of original battery life.

2. Please check online link

Better to check out in local Lenovo outlets. They will be able to arrange the battery pack for you, and you may get it cheaper at other hardware vendors too. Since I am not from Hyderabad, I cant give you info about local dealers.

3. Normally, there is no need to get the laptop serviced regularly, if everything is working fine. But if the service centre technicians are not competent, they can render your laptop components non-working. If something is not working at the moment, you can take it to service center, otherwise not need as such.

dennis_nail said:
1. Depending upon usage, battery life will be anywhere between 2 to 4 years. Normally, it is not fully dead after 2 years, but may have degraded to hold only about 20-30 % of original battery life.

2. Please check online link

Better to check out in local Lenovo outlets. They will be able to arrange the battery pack for you, and you may get it cheaper at other hardware vendors too. Since I am not from Hyderabad, I cant give you info about local dealers.

3. Normally, there is no need to get the laptop serviced regularly, if everything is working fine. But if the service centre technicians are not competent, they can render your laptop components non-working. If something is not working at the moment, you can take it to service center, otherwise not need as such.

Thanks a lot for your prompt and helpful reply.
I think my battery went dead so soon since i use to run it for days together downloading torrents, so kinda expected.
As for laptop service there a no issues except the battery, and the hinges hav become a bit loose, but thats now a serious enuff issue to risk my laptop in the hands of those service center guys

Back