Laptops Lenovo or Dell ?

Vasu

Disciple
i am confused between dell or lenovo..........so i need your advice which one should i buy.......dell is a ltl cheap than lenovo.but lenovo is good....can u pls tell me which one is good in performance.........my budget is not more than 50,000.........can u pls tell me from where i can gt it cheaply........in delhi

Hands Down Dell

Dell has good setups & its service is good too...

Lenovo is Ok ..not like its Previous Avatar IBM thinkpad ...

Dell Inspiron series could easilly fit ur budget ...Try Searching the Go threads in TE...

i dont want it for gaming purpose............i want it for entertainment purpose .......does the dell one has good quality sound system???????????for the dell one will i have to buy an additional webcam........

Vasu said:
i dont want it for gaming purpose............i want it for entertainment purpose .......does the dell one has good quality sound system???????????for the dell one will i have to buy an additional webcam........

The sound system on all laptops may not be as good as a dedicated or atleast a normal PC Setup:( ....U got to see the higher end models from Vaio & Dell for those..The sound system on Dell mid level are good ones...but i suggest u to buy a pair of good headphones or a good laptop speakers:hap2:

good luck with your decision and purchase. one thing i've learnt is that in the end, luck will be major factor in whether u'd have got a good machine or not. i picked a compaq because almost everyone seemed to think it was better....and almost every other night i wish i'd bought the lenovo instead. i guess i'd have been doing the same with compaq if i'd have bought the lenovo. so once again good luck and remember, whether u get a lenovo or compaq or dell...it doesn't really matter. they r all the same...more or less.

Go in for the Dell Inspiron 1525. It comes with a T5750 (1.83Ghz, 2MB L2, 667 FSB) processor which I recommend you upgarade to a T8300 (2.4Ghz, 3MB L2, 800 FSB) processor.

It has Vista Home Premium and a 1280x800 screen with a 2MP webcam. Again I would recommend that you upgrade to the 1440x900 resolution. It also has 3GB DDR2 RAM in dualchannel mode and 250GB HDD which ought to be sufficient. (Remember: 32bit Vista cant use 4GB of RAM) It also has the Intel GMA X3100 integrated graphics which is sufficient for Vista and waching movies and basic gaming (eg. HL2, CS, AoE etc.)

With Dell you should always excercise the option for partitioning your HDD else the entire 250GB will be used by C: and cant be changed later. I also recommend that you upgrade the WiFi to Draft-N and audio to Creative Sound Blaster Audigy. Also opt for the A/V cable kit under 'Accesories'. This will equip you with the necessary cables for hooking your laptop to your TV etc.

Remember: this laptop comes with only 1 year of warranty and NO carry case. You need to invest seperately for a USB mouse and a laptop bag that should cost about 1000/-. Extended warranty will cost you more and you can compromise on some other component if you think you need it and cant spend more than 50k. I would personally recommend going in for the 3year warranty.

The configuration that I have suggested will cost you around 52k after taxes. I chose the highend Inspiron1525 model and then customised it. You can go to the Dell website and experiment with the customisation options yourself.

Back