Monitors LG 24" lcd display L246WP

Hi!
I want to buy this monitor (graphics purpose). Its a LG 24" (L246WP) lcd display and I was qouted 32k + tax for this model, here in Kolkata. There's not many review but specs look good. So do you think the price is fine or its overpriced. Also how's LG's aftersale service?
Want to be absolutely sure about all aspects before investing such a amount. BTW, read that this model is being replaced by L245WP or just a new model being introduces, is it correct? Both have same specs.

Other options (which I could not find anywhere in kolkata) are BENQ FP241W and Samsung 245T. If you have more suggestion please do tell me.

Also my friend is interested in AOC 416v 24" TN panel (just for gaming n movies) is it good vfm.

what about the AOC 24 incher? I too am interested in getting a 24 inch TN panel, either Dell's or any one else who's selling for under rs 25k... any suggestions?

AOC 416v (24" lcd) is available for 20k + tax here in kolkata. My friend is also interested in it.

@Udit
Thanks for clearing my doubts. Any idea about LG's aftersale service.

LG L246WP 8ms G2G 24"WS AU Optronics P-MVA (M240UW01 V0)

BenQ FP241W 6ms G2G 24"WS AU Optronics P-MVA (M240UW01 V0)

Dell 2407WFP-HC 6ms G2G 24"WS Samsung S-PVA (LTM240CS01)

The Panel in both LG L246WP and Benq FP241W is same, but the rated response time is different. But I am inclined not to trust a monitor which has not even a single review on the Internet. If its a worthwhile product, people review them. The other option is to go for the Dell 2007WFP-HC.

As for AOC, they are usually considered a lowend to mainstream brand (Average quality displays).

As for LG After sales, I had only one occation a long while back to see their After sales support in action i.e when I had to get my 17" CRT Montor repaired for a problem (under warrnaty) and they took their sweet time to send it back (40 days) and the problem too was only partially fixed. However I cannot say that the quality of service would be the same now.

Lord Nemesis said:
The other option is to go for the Dell 2007WFP-HC.

Dell 2007WFP-HC does not exist only Dell 2407WFP-HC is there & is plagued with problems ;)

The other option is to wait for Dell 2408WFP which will be a S-IPS panel mostly :)

Yes I have read through the thread at "HardForum" and yes theres not much review about the LG lcd and that's what stopping. Also at Newegg this model has been discontinued. There is also a new model L246WH, which is a TN panel.

Second option could be as Udit mentioned to wait for the Dell but I want to have the monitor now as I have sold both my 19" lcds.

There is also a thread at Extreme Overclocking forum, please take a look My new toy: Lg L246WP-BN 24" monitor - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

Also take a look at this, the guy has compared BenQ FP241WZ vs. Dell 2407WFP-A04 vs. LG L246WP 24" Monitor Showdown Please comment on this.

TechHead said:
@Nemesis - There's a huge thread for the LG over at the HardForums. It seems to be a decent monitor.

Yeah, I had gone through that thread already, but still, a google search is revealing very few results for this display which is something to think about.

Udit said:
Dell 2007WFP-HC does not exist only Dell 2407WFP-HC is there & is plagued with problems ;)

The other option is to wait for Dell 2408WFP which will be a S-IPS panel mostly :)

My bad :ashamed: , I had meant the 2407WFP-HC, but typed 2007 by mistake.

about the 2408WFP having an S-IPS Panel, I am not sure after what they have done with 2008WFP. Only the 178 deg viewing angle spec gives a glimmer of hope that its an S-IPS. ;)

Check Face to Face : cameras, printers, ... - DigitalVersus

Also compare em to the othere U ve in mind.

Another review Product survey of 23 to 27 inch Full HD LCD monitors - Les Numeriques which doesn't ve any of Ur mentioned monitors (except Dell 2407...which is discontinued) for the simple reason...not worth !!!

Spend a good amt of time @:

PRAD | Index Monitore

TFT Central - LCD Monitor Information, Reviews, Guides and News

BeHardware - Monitors

and carefully go through AnandTech - The LCD Thread thread...atleast the 1st page & a few last pages. Don't be afraid to post Ur queries & Dr.M or xtknight will reply in less than 24hrs.

Lastly, my suggestion is to wait a bit longer for the Dell 2408WFP, LG W2452V or atleast ViewSonic VX 2435, to release be4 purchasing...thats what I'm doing. And don't get the LG246WP as it has a brightness issue (cannot be controlled) & is not worth it. U'll know what I mean 1s U ve gone through the mentioned sites.

My 2 aanas :p

@has33
Have gone through PRAD, TFT central n Behardware and did come across that brightness issue for the LG but again some say its really bad others mention that there s no such issue............anywayz thanks. Most probably I'll not buy the LG without testing it out myself. I am in talks with my vendor and he has agreed to it.
I was actually looking for the BENQ FP241W in the first place, couldn't find any (the benq person told me that its at the end of its production). Second choice was Samsung 245T but same case not available.

Lets see, maybe I would wait a little longer.

Another point to note about the LG 246WP is that it has no DVI Port. It has HDMI and VGA. If If you want digital input to your LCD, you would need to have a HDCP compliant Graphics card, DVI-HDMI cable or HDMI Cable + DVI to HDMI adapter adding more to the cost.

^^I think it comes with a DVI-HDMI cable in the box. So its not an issue. The LG L246WP is P-MVA however L246WH is TN. Make sure you get the former and not the latter and you should be reasonably happy.

Brightness can always be controlled... from the graphics card driver.

So, can anyone sum up what 24 inch TN panel models are (or will soon be) available for purchase in India? Right now only the Dell 24 inch TN panel seems to be the only option :(

@Lord_Nemesis
Lg does bundle DVI to HDMI cable and I do have a HDCP compliant gfx card (Leadtek 7950GT).

@Chaos
I know that "WH" version has TN panel. I'll be seeing the lcd tomorrow, let's see if the brightness is really that bad. BTW, why did you mention that I would be reasonably happy with the LG? If there is some real defect with it then please tell me.
Haven't used a P-MVA panel so how much is the difference compared to the TN panel in real life situaton, except the viewing angle. Tell me your personal experience.

For Graphics, anything that doesn't have an S-IPS is a compromise. Most of them other than the 20" dell are damn expensive.

^ I have seen quite a few 22" and also own one TN panel now, the viewing angle problem is certainly there at edges if i stay too close to monitor, this would be even more in 24" since it's wider than this , its better to get a S-IPS panel or MVA panel if u get 24" .

Back