LG Arena, Nokia X6 or HTC Smart

piyush_888

Disciple
Hey everyone,
I am super confused between these three models, please help me out. I know HTC smart doesn't fall in the league of the other two phones but I've always wanted to own a HTC phone and this one looks so ****ing cool (and its just 9.5k).

PS : I am considering Nokia X6 16GB wala.

Which LG Arena are you going for,the new one or the old one?

If your interested in gps then go for the x6 as it has a tried and tested ovi maps with assisted gps.The x6 also has wifi.I'm not sure what os the LGs run on but the X6 runs on the latest Symbian which was a turn of for me as I too am looking for a phone in this price range.If your comfortable with symbian then go for the X6.

Arun1 said:
Which LG Arena are you going for,the new one or the old one?
If your interested in gps then go for the x6 as it has a tried and tested ovi maps with assisted gps.The x6 also has wifi.I'm not sure what os the LGs run on but the X6 runs on the latest Symbian which was a turn of for me as I too am looking for a phone in this price range.If your comfortable with symbian then go for the X6.
LG KM900 Arena, dunno if its the old one or new. I am gonna get the mobile from Dubai, will that be problem with repect to the loaded maps?

piyush_888 said:
LG KM900 Arena, dunno if its the old one or new. I am gonna get the mobile from Dubai, will that be problem with repect to the loaded maps?

yup there will be problem afaik the service is country specific and will work in only in that particular country...

and about getting ur mobile from dubai lg and samsung is costly there than here, tell ur budget for other suggestions

desiibond said:
yes. avoid all three. check these:

1) Samsung Jet

2) Samsung Galaxy spica i5700

3) SE W995

4) HTC Touch2 T3333

5) Nokia 5800XM

I have seen those other phones, can you tell me whats wrong with my original choices??

touch 2's screen is too small although it has to be the sexiest phone al the whole list.
I just hate the look of samsung phones.
5800 is again very plasticky.

Can you list the main negatives in my original choices?

how about htc, is that too costlier in Dubai??

taher said:
yup there will be problem afaik the service is country specific and will work in only in that particular country...

and about getting ur mobile from dubai lg and samsung is costly there than here, tell ur budget for other suggestions

how about htc, is that too costlier in Dubai??

mutant said:
for how much? how is it?

I bought it on souq.com (dubai's ebay) and my sister who lives there is going to bring it with her to india next week. I got it for 1500 dhs (approx. 18k). At that price it was a freaking steal, should tell you its without warranty though.

Anyways, I know its a bad choice with respect to Symbian Os and all and the social networking integration but I have a facebook page which I check once in a month maybe (I made it to play poker), so yeah, looks is all that matters to me in a phone. You guys gotta gimme, Nokia X6 kicks ass looks wise.

piyush_888 said:
I bought it on souq.com (dubai's ebay) and my sister who lives there is going to bring it with her to india next week. I got it for 1500 dhs (approx. 18k). At that price it was a freaking steal, should tell you its without warranty though.

Anyways, I know its a bad choice with respect to Symbian Os and all and the social networking integration but I have a facebook page which I check once in a month maybe (I made it to play poker), so yeah, looks is all that matters to me in a phone. You guys gotta gimme, Nokia X6 kicks ass looks wise.

since you bought the phone end of discussion.....no point thinking about it now

congrats on ur buy........:)

Back