Laptops LG doesn't even have a good site. What a shame.

dpacmittal

Disciple
I recently bought LG XNote RD405 which costed me 35k. It had a nice specs and was cheaper than other brands. It even had international warranty. I bought it and it is working really good. No problems faced whatsoever.

But a few days ago, I just thought of flashing my motherboard and checking what utilities LG has to offer. I searched for LG xnote on google and was amazed to see another site on top. (LOL... I am not able to find its site again to post it here). I found its notebooks site somehow.

The site is a completely crap. They don't have any utilities or drivers for their products. What if I lose my bundled CD?? They don't have a nice page for its desktop and notebook computers let alone a dedicated website for it.

For a manufacturer this big, its really a shame not to have a nice website.

And to add some more to the injury, I couldn't even find my model in their product catalog. I was really disappointed. I have to admit that their product is great.. really good for that price but their site has nothing to offer.

If I had seen their site before buying the notebook, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Don't you people think that they should've a nice website for computers products alone?

Here's the link:
LG Notebook Computers- X Note series - India's first notebook with a 2.5 inch LCD side show

It looks like a cheap online store's website.

Kneo said:
??

Cannot understand the rant here. The website is really quite good and it took me about 2 seconds to see your product in the drop down list.

Well my product is different from what you saw.
Its RD405 A.CDT3A2.

Could you find any downloads there? Any discussion communities? Any other support?

dpacmittal said:
Well my product is different from what you saw.
Its RD405 A.CDT3A2.

Could you find any downloads there? Any discussion communities? Any other support?

Can you please post the specification of your notebook???

hotshot05 said:
Can you please post the specification of your notebook???

Processor - Intel Core2Duo T5750 2.0 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 664MHz FSB
RAM - 2x1GB Hyundai, PC2-5300U DDR2-333
Motherboard - LG Electronics Inc. LHOTSE-II
Graphics Card - Onboard ATI x1200 series, 256MB memory
HDD - Hitachi 160GB, 5400RPM
Optical Drive - LG superdrive
WLAN - Atheros AR5007EG
14.1" Screen - Glossy finish

Back