LG E2240T LED Monitor OR Samsung P2250 LCD Monitor

MrRIG

Adept
I play games and sometimes movies. If some member is already using any one of these monitors please do share your experience here:

LG E2240T LED Monitor for Rs. 10,170/-

Keys Specs:

Resolution : 1920 x 1080

Full HD :1080 (Cannott confirm 1080p or 1080i)

Screen size : 21.5"

Viewing : 170Ëš/160Ëš

Response Time(ms) : 5

LED : Consumes 23 Watt

Samsung P2250 LCD Monitor for RS. 9000/- to 10000/

Keys Specs:

Resolution : 1920 x 1080

Full HD :1080 (Cannot confirm 1080p or 1080i)

Screen size : 21.5"

Viewing : 170Ëš/160Ëš

Response Time(ms) : 2 (GTG)

LCD : Consumes 40 Watt

I have enquired about LG E2240t with many dealers here in Kolkata. All of them are telling that stock will arrive after 24th or end of this month. I spoke to LG India and they don't seem to know much either. The mrp of this monitor is 10,170 but I'm sure we could get it around 9-9.5k when its launched. Its got to be the cheapest full HD Led monitor.

rahul30 said:
I have enquired about LG E2240t with many dealers here in Kolkata. All of them are telling that stock will arrive after 24th or end of this month. I spoke to LG India and they don't seem to know much either. The mrp of this monitor is 10,170 but I'm sure we could get it around 9-9.5k when its launched. Its got to be the cheapest full HD Led monitor.
Actually I wanted to know which one is better in terms of Display Quality. Can any one tell me gaming performance difference between 5 ms monitor and 2 ms.

It generally depends on how sensitive your eyes are. Majority of people won't be able to distinguish the ghosting. But I guess most of the 2 ms monitors are GTG ( Grey to Grey). Its kind of a marketing gimmick. From my personal experience I have not been able to distinguish between a 5 ms and a 2 ms monitor.

But I don't know about FPS games because I don't play that genre. Someone else might be able to answer better on this one.

LED displays are more vibrant and have much better contrast ratios than standard panels. It also consumes almost half of the power of the normal Lcd's and also are much thinner .

rahul30 said:
It generally depends on how sensitive your eyes are. Majority of people won't be able to distinguish the ghosting. But I guess most of the 2 ms monitors are GTG ( Grey to Grey). Its kind of a marketing gimmick. From my personal experience I have not been able to distinguish between a 5 ms and a 2 ms monitor.

But I don't know about FPS games because I don't play that genre. Someone else might be able to answer better on this one.

LED displays are more vibrant and have much better contrast ratios than standard panels. It also consumes almost half of the power of the normal Lcd's and also are much thinner .
Majority of LED monitor has external adapter that's why they are thinner than LCD. Above mentioned LG LED has external adapter.

Any one has LED as well LCD experience please guide!!

I would prefer that you check out those LCD in real, difference between LED Backlit Panel and CCFL Backlit panel is that LED Backlit provides Better Contrast Ratio than LCD, and LG LED E2240T is a EDGELIT so its the Panel is quite thin at 18mm excluding the Stand joint. Build Quality is good!! LG E2240T Panel is quite light in weight, if you are planning to Install below ceiling fan it'll kind off Move back and forth..

About Gaming, i play Quake 3 and i dont notice any ghosting/trailing..

I had bought LG E2240T on 2nd August, and im quite impressed by its Vivid Color and Contrast, as a reference comparison i use Samsung SW2233 CCFL Backlit LCD at Institute.

You can goto youtube and search my nick or E2240T, youll get to check out its viewing angle and unboxing..

Ref price is at Lamington Road Mumbai is 9135/- including VAT at 5%

The LG E2240T Panel is Made in India..

I have used LG (monitors a lot of them) and currently using a 32" LCD TV (IPS Panel), and till now havent faced any issues with any of the LCDs. Havent used a LED though.

Back