LG G2 or Nexus 5?

Switch

Skilled
Confused between G2 and N5. Whats the price difference. And whats the best place to buy one right now. I am in Indirapuram and can go either route. Retail or over the net but want quick delivery. Anybody in Indirapuram seen one in a store. Would like to physically check out a unit.

Also what are the current prices for both inclusive of discounts. Looking for 32GB version.

Confused between G2 and N5. Whats the price difference. And whats the best place to buy one right now. I am in Indirapuram and can go either route. Retail or over the net but want quick delivery. Anybody in Indirapuram seen one in a store. Would like to physically check out a unit.

Also what are the current prices for both inclusive of discounts. Looking for 32GB version.

It all depends on your preferences. If you want a phone with:

no issues
no battery problems
don't care for quick updates
want a better camera

go for g2

else... nexus 5.

It all depends on your preferences. If you want a phone with:

no issues
Definitely thats my primary concern. I use my phone for work mainly and not for convenience. But just to be clear what kind of issues are there with Nexus 5.

no battery problems
Again battery is a issue for me. Need phone with decent battery life. But as I have read over the net battery life stabilises over some time. User here can report the same. Also I am mostly in my office throughout the day. Hence chagrinning is not a problem. Its just that it the phone should have fast chagrinning if thats a feature of the phone and not the charger.

don't care for quick updates
I actually do. Been living with Apple ecosystem for quite sometime now and I have been spoilt by Apple in that regard by pushing out the updates on all their devices at the same time. Also I somehow managed to get my hands on a developer account and had been using iOS 7 beta from version 1 itself is a good enough proof that zero day updates matter to me.

want a better camera
The thing is that I don't want a better camera. I wan't a good camera as there will always be something better coming everyday. It matters but just like the MHz race it matters for the first 80-85% after that I am not very nit-picky. Hence I am a bit disappointed with the Nexus 5 Camera but G2 for me does not offer Slo-Mo which iPhone 5S does which for me is a much more desired feature then a 13MP camera. Would not mind a fast shooter but according to Verge and the net buzz N5 should get a software upgrade for the camera. I believe same happened for Moto X in the past.

go for g2
The bloated software, back buttons and stupid licky plastic is stopping me from going in for G2

else... nexus 5
Average camera and sucky battery
============
(Rant Time)
LG had the perfect opportunity to go for the kill. All a consumer want is a HTC one shell and display with pure iOS/Android experience with a Motorola battery, Nokia camera and a SD card slot. Is it so difficult to make. Samsung doing everything then screwing it up with a plastic body and overloaded Touch-wiz, HTC managing to screwup the camera and omitting SD card slot in their flagship, Apple not accepting that 5" is new 3.5" and finally LG screwing up the placement of buttons and a bloated UI and google with battery and camera. Come on guys. (Rant Over)

I am actually very underwhelmed by the design of Nexus 5. The phone is very fast and Ok Google is a dream to use but the look and feel of the phone isn't great. I must admit I have been spoiled by the HTC One and maybe that's the reason I didn't like it at first glance.

To me the look and the feel of the N5 is great.
I don't like flashy, blingy things, chrome bezels, etc. (except maybe iPhone 4S bezel.)
I would love to own a sleeper (cars). :)

@Switch
G2 is a good phone. Few days and the rear buttons feel ok. You dont even need it often with double-tap to unlock. :)
If i hadnt got a N5 and love it despite whatever shortcomings, I would have got the G2 most probably (as the S4 i9505 shows no signs of a price cut) :)

Last edited:
To me the look and the feel of the N5 is great.
I don't like flashy, blingy things, chrome bezels, etc. (except maybe iPhone 4S bezel.)
I like sleepers. :)

I am more disappointed due to the lightness of the phone. My main phone is a Galaxy Nexus with 3800mAh battery and secondary is the HTC One. I have gotten used to the heft of a device in hand.
So you may say, it is the feel of the phone in hand rather than the looks of it that is what is irking me.

In that regard the best looking phones are iPhone 4 > HTC ONE > iPhone 5/5S > Nexus 4 > Nexus 5 in that order. Really don't like the looks of any of Samsung phones and even the LG G2 . iPhone 5C/Lumia are like candies which are good to lick.

Also getting used to light is not a problem. Getting used to a heavy phone is a big one though.

In that regard the best looking phones are iPhone 4 > HTC ONE > iPhone 5/5S > Nexus 4 > Nexus 5 in that order. Really don't like the looks of any of Samsung phones and even the LG G2 . iPhone 5C/Lumia are like candies which are good to lick.

Also getting used to light is not a problem. Getting used to a heavy phone is a big one though.

If you are going buy looks you should buy a ferrari :p

well i like the discussions happening out here, n5 vs this, n5 or that..

for starters revert back to the thread, and enlighten yourself as to why the nexus 5 is made
be sensible with your comparisons man, see the price of other devices before you compare it to the n5

i have used the phone for a week now..
yes the speaker output is low, the camera output isn't great either so what...
a software update will take care of all that...

if you are so impatient and continue to crib about blah blah... i want all the goodness in the world at this cheap price then no one can help you with it
or wait buy the device, and dump the warranty and root your phone..
the camera has been fixed on custom roms... (google it)

and well the battery life,.. i too had jitters would this phone last long enough, as my note3 did
but well.. to be honest.. the battery was the only thing i was concerned about, as everything else can be taken care of via an software update

but to my surprise... I've taken out some of the apps i don't use.. and my n5 easily lasts for 16hrs.- 18hrs
i make an hour of phone calls... and have fb whatsapp and bbm and fb messenger active via data services 24x7 on a 2G network
and i go pretty hard on whatsapp like really long!!

so yes, i have no battery issues, and yes i do respect your opinions and i do understand that all of this is yes indeed subjective
but come on man look at the brighter side of the story, and be happy.. cribbing wont solve a thing..
even the iphone and note3 have flaws...
you either live with it, or root it or stay in the hope for a software update!

Last edited:
Well said. I too love my Nexus 5. It has everything you need from an Android phone. Perfect android experience. But if you want more and more then you can get a 50k or 60k phone like htc one max!

Well said. I too love my Nexus 5. It has everything you need from an Android phone. Perfect android experience. But if you want more and more then you can get a 50k or 60k phone like htc one max!
Thats exactly my point
I dont get the scene here, are people planning to buy it for the android experience, or are they buying it because they cant afford x,y and z and hence drawing rational comparisons

well i like the discussions happening out here, n5 vs this, n5 or that..

for starters revert back to the thread, and enlighten yourself as to why the nexus 5 is made
be sensible with your comparisons man, see the price of other devices before you compare it to he n5

Seriously not trying to start a flame war here but be realistic. We aren't getting this for $350 here are we. The 32GB is for almost 34K and with a tad more once can have a S4 and G2 which are flagship devices of Samsung and LG. The price is not a plus point at least here in india hence the reasons for comparisons. Yes Google will fix the camera and the battery issues with a software upgrade but it still still be not better then a 13MP shooter or 3000 Mah battery. Also the after sales support for both S4 and G2 will be far better then N5.

Seriously not trying to start a flame war here but be realistic. We aren't getting this for $350 here are we. The 32GB is for almost 34K and with a tad more once can have a S4 and G2 which are flagship devices of Samsung and LG. The price is not a plus point at least here in india hence the reasons for comparisons. Yes Google will fix the camera and the battery issues with a software upgrade but it still still be not better then a 13MP shooter or 3000 Mah battery. Also the after sales support for both S4 and G2 will be far better then N5.

The accurate price is 32,999 V/s 40,690 for the S4 (FK), that makes a difference of 7, 671 - or almost 23% higher - a not so insignificant sum that it can be said price is not a plus point in favor of N5. It definitely is a plus point IMO.

Bro fist on that note,
I suppose you've answered your own question!!

Btw nexus gives you one full year of exclusivity unlike samsung who keeps launching multiple products within a year

Last edited:

Actually we are getting it over here for a price very close to what the Americans are paying.
A citizen of NY in USA pays $390 to Google after shipping and taxes. Add to that 7% customs duty that even LG or Google have to pay to import these phones to India and the dollar being close to 65, total comes to 27124.50.
For 28999 and even cheaper due to various ongoing schemes and promotions we are getting the same phones and they even come with earphones over here. So actually the Nexus 5 is being sold at nearly the same price over here as in US.

Whatever you say but people with a budget and good knowledge given the chance go for nexus 5
Btw have been using g2 for a couple of days its the best i have used and next comes nexus 5

G-Flex, S5 and probably another z in the next 7 months - Nexus 5 (atleast full 1 year exclusivity, i hope the n6 releases next year only) - the only reason i brought it, pure android awesomeness.
and it's not priced that low- at least in India i guess
i've used the s5 i meant s4 :p for 2 days - it's nice, but feels too common , g2 for around 6-7 hrs - really liked it.
N5 - Fell in love with it's design at once -

Last edited:
Back