WTB LG G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMP

Adept
Hey,

I am interested in buying a LG G2 16/32 GB(used). Please PM/post here if you are interested in selling.
Bangalore sellers preferred.
Payment mode : Cash/Bank transfer.
Mandatory: Bill, Photo ID & Address proof of seller.(will not buy without these)

Thanks

I understand your concern about sharing your ID/Address proof with an unknown person. But my concern here is that I am buying a used device which may have been used for any sort of activities....in case some police or legal matters come up in future, I will need to provide information to the police/authorities as to whom I bought the device from. Its just a safety precaution, nothing else. I am willing to share a copy of my photo ID & address proof with the seller too as a show of good faith. I think I am being reasonable here ? Aren't I ?

Are you planning to buy only the phone or the sellers sim and probably his wifi devices (if any) with thier mac and ip addresses too?

I am planning to even buy the design and patents of G2 from LG, Happy Now ?
I am not forcing anybody to sell, these are my terms of buying, I take safety seriously, don't want to end up with a stolen/illegal device. If swapping ID proofs is too scary for you....move on...

Buddy, if safety is your concern, I would advise you to purchase a new handset because if someone wants to dump a stolen phone, he may also dump a forged documents too!

I am planning to even buy the design and patents of G2 from LG, Happy Now ?
I am not forcing anybody to sell, these are my terms of buying, I take safety seriously, don't want to end up with a stolen/illegal device. If swapping ID proofs is too scary for you....move on...
I think I am wrong in assuming u are intelligent enough to understand what I meant by asking that question in the first place.
Anyways, to check if the device is stolen, all you need is the orginal box and bill of the device. If bill not available, you can also ask for a proof of purchase in terms of pre-order etc, but box is mandatory. BTW, the box will have a unique identifier of the SKU.

And as someone already said, if you think that the bill can be duplicate and even the box, then the personal identification and address is much easier to be produced fake.

My apologies if I sounded rude, I did not intend to.
My idea was to maintain a record of identity of the seller. Read a couple of things in newspapers about phones used in harassment calls and terrorist activities ending up with innocent buyers.
With the box and bill I can be sure that its not a stolen phone....but I cannot be sure that the seller has not used it for any illegal activities, the ID proofs just serve as a measure of additional security.

Isn't that weird that on the very first day of ur registration on the forum u asking for someones ID prof by starting a want to buy thread ?

Dont take it otherwise but it sounds fishy.

My apologies if I sounded rude, I did not intend to.
My idea was to maintain a record of identity of the seller. Read a couple of things in newspapers about phones used in harassment calls and terrorist activities ending up with innocent buyers.
With the box and bill I can be sure that its not a stolen phone....but I cannot be sure that the seller has not used it for any illegal activities, the ID proofs just serve as a measure of additional security.

The only way to make sure that the phone has not been used for illegal activities ever is to get call transcript for every call made and recvd and match it with its imei number

@rakesh_ic I would not be sharing my ID proof with the seller if I intended to misuse his now would I ?
I am just trying to take a reasonable precaution here...I do not understand why you guys feel that its so scary ? You share your ID proofs with a hundred different companies in India.....its ID proof I am asking, not your bank account number.

Brother, just to give you my point..
I will be scared to give my id proof and do not hesitate to give my account number as all that you can do with the account number is to put some money into it :p
But with my id proof,
1) you can apply for a sim, take one, use it for terrorist activities.
2) You can sell it to matrimonial sites - data selling is still relevant
3) Give it to the advertising and customer relation agencies and get me trolled
etc etc

Hope you got what I am worried about.

LG G2, 16 GB, Black.
Date of Purchase - 23rd December 2013
Price: 30k
Indian bill, warranty and all the docs you need.
Reason for sale: I want to go back to the iOS.
Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back