Android LG G8X Update issue

ibose

Skilled
So I received the latest update yesterday and since then the screenshot shortcut key combination - start + vol decrease, doesn't work. Any other G8X users facing the same issue ?

Nope nothing like that
Screenshot_20220725-114313.jpg

I updated my phone recently. I don't have any issues taking the screenshot.

My phone was very laggy and slow. A factory reset did speed it up. I had went from Android 10 upto Android 12 without resetting my device even once lol. While it doesn't guarantee a fix, it is worth a shot.

Since few days even I am also seeing lag in fingerprint and an off an on prompt that you are disconnected from network, when infact i am always connected
Happen when on wifi, home or office

So I received the latest update yesterday and since then the screenshot shortcut key combination - start + vol decrease, doesn't work. Any other G8X users facing the same issue ?
I guess there is no second screen on the G8X like there is on the V20. There is a shortcut icon to take screenshots.

It is tricky to get that - and power (which is on the back for the V20) scr shot combo to work even when everything is ok.

On the S20FE it works easily.

Since few days even I am also seeing lag in fingerprint and an off an on prompt that you are disconnected from network, when infact i am always connected
Happen when on wifi, home or office
Try the built in hardware test , to check if all the devices are functioning properly .

I guess there is no second screen on the G8X like there is on the V20. There is a shortcut icon to take screenshots.

It is tricky to get that - and power (which is on the back for the V20) scr shot combo to work even when everything is ok.

On the S20FE it works easily.
There is a second screen but I am using without it atm. The pull down shortcut is what I am using as of now. I need to reset it once and check if the functionality gets restored.

Right
So somehow was seeing some heat issues as well as a Super leggy fingerprint.
Although I hate it but I formatted the phone and wiped the internal storage too.
Debloated it via adb and removed a few resource hogging apps and seems to be working very nice since then ...

My phone was by and large performing nicely since purchase but figured A12 is pretty major hence a reset it seems is needed.

One of the things LG's lack is a system cache reset like Sammy has in recovery. Saves having to do a factory reset and generally fixes any OS upgrade issues.

Is this something specific to Samsung?
Any idea how does it work?
He is referring to going on stock or custom recovery and from there cleaning the cache.
Indeed a nifty thing.
Seems it used to be there in lg phones earlier but not anymore

Back