Video LG Launches India's 1st Full LED LCD TV - LH90

superbhikari

Disciple
LG India launches India's 1st Full LED LCD TV - LH90 Series

Saw the ad in today's newspaper about it. Here are some details -

Full LED panel (not edge-lit), 200 Hz TruMotion, 50,00,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio, 1 ms response time, Bluetooth enabled, IPS advanced LCD panel.

Festive Price : 42" - Rs. 82,000
47" - Rs. 97,000
+ HDMI DVD Player with 5.1ch and USB + 50 Blockbuster Movie Pack free - all worth Rs. 15,890/-

There no info about this series on official LG india website so far. I tried google to get more info/review about it and been directed to some international sites which mentions that LG LH90 series available there in 55"/47"/42", 240Hz Trumotion, World's first THX-certified display. Rest of the info there is more or less same.

Thing to watch out in Indian LH90 will be for the THX certification.

Please share your views, info, review here about LG LH90 LED LCD TV.

Thats a killer price for a full LED TV. Could this be true?

Edit: Its not a full LED TV. Its a Fully LED backlit or something. This is getting confusing.

These are nto LED TVs just the LED backlit ones with only the backlight procided on the sides .. I think they should be sued for mis leading the customers as such ..

I agree but it's what written in the LG advt. - INDIA'S 1st FULL LED LCD TV.
There's pictorial comparison between their full backlit LED TV and competitor's Edge-lit LED TV.

apextwin146 said:
These are nto LED TVs just the LED backlit ones with only the backlight procided on the sides .. I think they should be sued for mis leading the customers as such ..

No, LG clearly claims this one to be Full Panel LED backlit TV. It's not Edge-lit as launched by Sony & Samsung.

47" Full LED for under six figures :O
I think there is some serious confusion.

Edit: A google search on 'LG LH90' reveals that it is a LED backlit LCD TV :(
Check this link..LG themselves say it is LED LCD TV

LG LH90 - LG Global Site

BTW if the TV (even if it it backlit LED) is really good (comparable to Samsung / Sony) and comes under 1 Lakh for 47", i am game. The prices for the 55" will definitely fall below 1 Lakh by december (hope so)

@superbhikari
which newspaper/city/edition/date you saw the ad in ?

Here is the review.... :)

LG 47LH90 Flat-panel TV reviews - CNET Reviews

The LG LH90 series is one of the best performing LCDs overall we've tested, and earned the same rating in this category as the best models from Samsung and Sony. It delivered excellent overall black-level performance and superb color, and video processing overall was very good, but we'd love to see the ability to separate dejudder and antiblur effects. It does suffer from poor off-angle performance and some blooming--issues common to all LED-based LCDs we've tested--but if you sit in the sweet spot the LH90 looks great.

raksrules said:
47" Full LED for under six figures :O
I think there is some serious confusion.

Edit: A google search on 'LG LH90' reveals that it is a LED backlit LCD TV :(
Check this link..LG themselves say it is LED LCD TV

LG LH90 - LG Global Site

BTW if the TV (even if it it backlit LED) is really good (comparable to Samsung / Sony) and comes under 1 Lakh for 47", i am game. The prices for the 55" will definitely fall below 1 Lakh by december (hope so)

@superbhikari
which newspaper/city/edition/date you saw the ad in ?

See the Sony and Samsung LED TV's are back edge-lit i.e. LEDs are present on the border of the TV behind the screen whereas this one from LG has LED's present at the back of the whole panel. This is what i could understand from the graphical representation presented in the ad.

The newspaper is AMAR UJALA, 18 September, U.P. West edition.

linuxtechie said:
How does it differ from LED backlit provided by Samsung?

Honestly they should be called LED Backlit TV

~LT

superbhikari said:
See the Sony and Samsung LED TV's are back edge-lit i.e. LEDs are present on the border of the TV behind the screen whereas this one from LG has LED's present at the back of the whole panel. This is what i could understand from the graphical representation presented in the ad.

The newspaper is AMAR UJALA, 18 September, U.P. West edition.

well the samsung LUXIA led lcds have LEDs at the edges henc called edgelight led rather then the usual BACKlight.
the LG has a LEDs located at the back hence called LED backlight but it can do local dimming,hence improvement in contrast.
the sony already have their LED backlight lcd X450A this one has a even more advanced local dimming Tri-Luminous RGB led.
sony also have the edge led light lcd called the ZX1 and ZX5,actualy unlike the samsung which have the leds at the sides,the sony have them in the bottom.

vij said:
Thats a killer price for a full LED TV. Could this be true?

Edit: Its not a full LED TV. Its a Fully LED backlit or something. This is getting confusing.

Nothing to get confused about. These LED TVs you read about are merely back-lit or edge-lit LCD TVs, similar to LED backlighting in notebooks.

The real deal whenever it arrives are Organic LED (OLED) TVs that have already been unveiled as prototypes by Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic and the like. But don't expect large-screen OLED TVs to hit the market before end 2010 or even 2011. Currently only Sony has a 10-inch OLED computer monitor available for 1 lakh! Point to take home is that OLED tech isn't going to make it into our homes before 2011-2012.

tracerbullet said:
Nothing to get confused about. These LED TVs you read about are merely back-lit or edge-lit LCD TVs, similar to LED backlighting in notebooks.

The real deal whenever it arrives are Organic LED (OLED) TVs that have already been unveiled as prototypes by Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic and the like. But don't expect large-screen OLED TVs to hit the market before end 2010 or even 2011. Currently only Sony has a 10-inch OLED computer monitor available for 1 lakh! Point to take home is that OLED tech isn't going to make it into our homes before 2011-2012.

Yes, but the false advertising is confusing.

I'm going to buy Samsung B750 40" LCD TV soon , will this be better buy because both come at same price point ... I am suspicious about LG quality ...

tracerbullet said:
The real deal whenever it arrives are Organic LED (OLED)

I read OLEDs would last longer than the current LCD models which have a life of approx 10 yrs.

One of the reasons why a CRT is still better than a LCD as an investment.

blr_p said:
I read OLEDs would last longer than the current LCD models which have a life of approx 10 yrs.

One of the reasons why a CRT is still better than a LCD as an investment.

well in the current state OLED has a lesser life span about 20000 to 30000hrs.compared to lcds backlights which have a life of around 60000hrs.

adder said:
well in the current state OLED has a lesser life span about 20000 to 30000hrs.compared to lcds backlights which have a life of around 60000hrs.

I think you're talking about LED back/edge lights. OLED technology doesn't require a backlight because OLED like the phosphor dots in CRTs emit light themselves.

tracerbullet said:
I think you're talking about LED back/edge lights. OLED technology doesn't require a backlight because OLED like the phosphor dots in CRTs emit light themselves.

no i am not talking a LED backlight.i am talking about the life of the OLED panel.

adder said:
no i am not talking a LED backlight.i am talking about the life of the OLED panel.

How can you judge the life of an OLED panel when the displays haven't even hit the market yet?? It's a bit absurd, don't you think.

Back