LG Monitor Backlight Issue - A Warning to All

panther

Adept
Hey Forum Members,

I felt it was essential to share my recent experience with an LG monitor replacement, as it serves as a cautionary tale to anyone considering buying an LG monitor.

I purchased an LG monitor, and to my dismay, it had a severe backlight issue that affected my user experience dramatically. I immediately contacted LG customer care and requested a replacement.

To my disbelief, the response I received was downright frustrating. The supervisor from the LG service center refused to replace the panel, stating that the issue wasn't visible during the daytime. Now, if you've ever dealt with backlight problems, you'd know that they are more evident and problematic in darker environments. It's common sense, really!

I even attached a picture of the monitor showing the backlight bleeding during the daytime, but that didn't seem to matter to LG. They have demonstrated a shocking lack of consideration for customer satisfaction and a total disregard for quality control.

My advice to everyone in this forum is simple: **Do not buy LG monitors!** The company's approach to addressing quality issues is nothing short of appalling. It's a real shame, as LG used to be a trusted name in electronics, but it's clear that they've lost their way when it comes to customer service and product quality.

I urge you all to look elsewhere for your monitor needs and avoid the frustration and disappointment I've had to endure. Let's support companies that prioritize their customers and stand by their products.

Thanks for reading and be sure to share your experiences and thoughts regarding LG monitors. It's essential to spread the word and protect fellow consumers from similar experiences.

Best regards,
LG monitor.jpg

This is not an isolated issue with LG only. I have faced similar problems with Acer and Asus. Be it monitor or laptop display, all with IPS panel. It has become sort of a lottery at this point. Atleast Samsung were quick for panel replacement for even a single dead pixel (experience wasn't smooth).
Particularly with IPS panels they claim it as a feature with article in their site (lol)...

Back