LG Optimus one gets gingerbread update...

I think I read a few people on XDA dev forums rooting it on GB.

Also, please do mention if anyone gets an update on LG software update. My friend is dying to get GB on his phone. :p

Hey guys, please tell that rooted phones also can b updated?
i think i messed up my phone i rooted (gingerbreak v1.2) my o1 also formated my sd card. after that lg installer app is not responding also some other apps like ndrive. Also how to uninstall preloaded apps after rooting. Im kinda new to this kinda stuff. I need to upgrade my phone to Gingerbread, i heard it is available now. So anyone could tell me about all these things which making me phonesick.

Most probably will be buying this phone tonight. Anyone who had updated his O1 to Gingerbread, please post a nutshell review of your experience.

Yesterday checked LG Mobile Support tool and GB has arrived and my phone got updated to 2.3.3 :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I am not sure of the PC suite, as a month ago when i updated the PC suite to the latest version, it got crashed and i was bugged very much that i uninstalled it..

thegame said:
Yesterday checked LG Mobile Support tool and GB has arrived and my phone got updated to 2.3.3 :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I am not sure of the PC suite, as a month ago when i updated the PC suite to the latest version, it got crashed and i was bugged very much that i uninstalled it..

Same here. I happened to read here that some guy in Thailand got his firmware updated with the LG s/w update tool and gave it a shot. Also did not run into any bugs some guy complained of in the same link. works like a charm, the UI scroll seems to have improved.

vicente said:
Same here. I happened to read here that some guy in Thailand got his firmware updated with the LG s/w update tool and gave it a shot. Also did not run into any bugs some guy complained of in the same link. works like a charm, the UI scroll seems to have improved.

yes UI and the whole s/w is slightly faster and more responsive than the original Froyo but only problem for me was that my internal memory from Free of 27MB went down to 16MB so had to uninstall some apps that reside in phone memory..

Tech Savy said:
Why not install CM7 rather than official GB ?
noob query ...whts CM7?

I was reading this

The disadvantages lists missing flash support. The P500 has a youtube app and I could open motogp.com fine ... a fully flash based site. Mind you I didnt open the site before the GP update.

Tech Savy said:
Why not install CM7 rather than official GB ?

Yes in fact I posted my feedback so that if someone is expecting CM7 like features, better go to CM7 than upgrading to official GB.

And if you are asking me specifically.. I am getting older now and have plenty of things to do, so not getting much time to experiment custom ROMs, also someone had to try out official GB isnt it ? now people dont have to ask, has anyone upgraded yet ?

Back