LG/Reliance Digital not honoring the warranty

@nRi - What was the procedure to avail that? I don't recall any procedure being asked to be followed. I remember I was told it was automatically available for all purchases made from 26 Jan -till 31st Jan 2019 as during Republic day sale.
@saikatck - Do you remember any special procedure that you followed to avail this extra 1 year warranty on panel or was it given automatically as it is mentioned on the printed bill itself.

Please let me know as in my case the panel is going to cost a bomb
Upon reading about extended warranty I would have directly asked for the procedure or shoot questions there itself. Likewise I bought a Samsung fridge in last Diwali nd was offered 3 yrs extended warranty and yeah it was advertised on the fridge itself "Avail an Additional Warranty upto 3 yrs" so I asked and the sales person said we just need to pay a nominal amount and thats it it gets registered automatically for 4 yrs warranty + 10yrs is on compressor by default. And after 45 days I received an email with some pdf stating the same.

@nRi - What was the procedure to avail that? I don't recall any procedure being asked to be followed. I remember I was told it was automatically available for all purchases made from 26 Jan -till 31st Jan 2019 as during Republic day sale.
@saikatck - Do you remember any special procedure that you followed to avail this extra 1 year warranty on panel or was it given automatically as it is mentioned on the printed bill itself.

Please let me know as in my case the panel is going to cost a bomb

Hello,
I would very strongly recommend to take the issue forward with Reliance Digital. I didn't contact LG on this issue. They were my primary source of contact.

They will probably try to scuttle from the issue. Stay persistent and polite. It will take a hell lot of time but it will happen. Remember to raise your query to their customer support head after 20 days.

And regarding extended warranty, I was not told to register anything on any site.

If things don't move then go for consumer portal as suggested by other memebers.

Hey Saikatck, I am in the same boat as you were. My 65 Inch LG OLED65C8PTA bought on 27th Jan 2019 that I purchased for 2,20,000 from Reliance Digital Store Pune developed a Red Vertical Line all of a sudden while watching. I switched it off and then tried to switch it on again, but it only shows the red vertical line and does not start. I have the exact same line printed on my bill, "GET Additional 1 Year Warranty on PanelOnly*". Not sure if the issue is panel related or some other component failed. I have raised a complaint with LG and a tehnician should visit in a couple of days because of the Lockdown in Pune. I tried reaching reliance digital on the number given on the bill, but failed. Did you have to raise the issue with Reliance before going to LG?
As per LG customer care my product is out of warranty and I will be charged amount even for inspection. SHould I go to reliance first and then check with LG? I am not sure if its a panel issue or some other component has failed. Please note I always ran the TV on a stabilizer and within the voltage specification range.

Please guide if you had to do anything other than approaching LG customer care/Reliance store for the resolution (like giving a complaint on any of the consumer complaint forums etc) ?
Looking for your response.

Thanks,
Deepak Rai

I got my panel replace by LG under warranty. Though it took more than a month's time, but I did manage to get it replaced by LG under 2nd year's warranty on panel only as was mentioned on the Bill. I came to know that for OLED televisions LG India provides warranty for 2 years from the date of purchase. What a relief. But now comes another interesting part - LG is charging around 60K to extend the warranty of the TV by 1 year and the cost of replacement of panel beyond 2 year warranty period is around 1.6 lacks, almost 70~75% the cost of TV itself. So what do you guys suggest? I would not recommend LG OLEDs or OLEDs in general because of such a high maintenance cost and low panel life even though the picture quality is better than any other panel in the market.

But now comes another interesting part - LG is charging around 60K to extend the warranty of the TV by 1 year and the cost of replacement of panel beyond 2 year warranty period is around 1.6 lacks, almost 70~75% the cost of TV itself. So what do you guys suggest?
Extended warranty is like insurance. I would spend more than 10% (max 15% in some rare cases) for it. Imagine a car manufacturer selling extending warranty for 4-5 lakhs rupees for a car costing 10L.

Back