Android LG to exit phone biz

chetansha

Skilled
Sad.
20210405_074422.jpg

yeah. kinda expected. they said last year itself they'll sell it if they find a buyer or else wind down the business

but after experiencing warm color shift issue in LG g3 and battery drain in lg g5, Im not at all feeling bad for them

Sad, I will miss them. Decent hardware and few of the best audio phones ever made. I am still rocking the G8X purchased during the sale.

Good that they finally decided to get out of this industry. There are very few companies that blew up great position in flagship market (LG G3) and exited the market.

Earlier, a Reuters report confirmed #LG’s exit, stating that LG’s #smartphone division had been making losses for the last 6 years – totaling to $4.5 billion in the time.

#LGElectronics

The reason for including Quad DAC is East Asian demography as many China only brands also feature DACs in their phones.

Personally returned their V30 twice for POLED issues. Told myself never to buy LG again because of such bad experience. Bought S8 afterwards, couldn’t be happier.

The reason for including Quad DAC is East Asian demography as many China only brands also feature DACs in their phones.

Personally returned their V30 twice for POLED issues. Told myself never to buy LG again because of such bad experience. Bought S8 afterwards, couldn’t be happier.
Have had 2 LG phones go bad on me.

Nexus 5 - suddenly shuts down and goes into boot loop, I try everything but no go. Eventually took it to the service center, they say motherboard is gone it will cost me 8k since warranty is over.
LG V40 - Brand new, starts having ear piece issue, hearing garbled audio, took it to service center got the earpiece replaced.

Back