CPU/Mobo LGA 775 Intel CPU Cooler Problem

lethal

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I have an e7200 with ip35e mobo.

Recently while cleaning up my mobo i accidently broke a pin from the lga socket. The processor is however working fine and my PC boots up properly... the only problem is that the fan is not working. The fan is not taking any power from the mobo.

Any there any (cheap) options available for me to get the fan working? I couldn't find any fans/coolers in the market that takes power directly from PSU...

Can i do any jugaad to fix this? :huh:

help me tech gurus!

lethal said:
Hi Guys,

I have an e7200 with ip35e mobo.

Recently while cleaning up my mobo i accidently broke a pin from the lga socket. The processor is however working fine and my PC boots up properly... the only problem is that the fan is not working. The fan is not taking any power from the mobo.

Any there any (cheap) options available for me to get the fan working? I couldn't find any fans/coolers in the market that takes power directly from PSU...

Can i do any jugaad to fix this? :huh:

help me tech gurus!

For a second I thot you totaled the motherboard and broke a pin on the socket. Good its only the fan pin.

Try attaching the fan to any other fan header on the mobo. or get a molex to 3 pin converter attach the fan to that

ultimabasher said:
Try attaching the fan to any other fan header on the mobo. or get a molex to 3 pin converter attach the fan to that

My fan has the normal 4PIN power connector. Any place i can buy the converters online? Cos i couldnt find it on the local shops here.

lethal said:
My fan has the normal 4PIN power connector. Any place i can buy the converters online? Cos i couldnt find it on the local shops here.

Insert the connector on any other 3pin header on the motherboard.

The 4Pin connector will not fit in the 3pin sockets available on the mobo.

If i buy a cooler with 3pin connector, will it work? I ask this cos since i've broke the PIN on the socket, the normal 4PIN is not working... is there anyway i can test if 3PIn will work or not?

Ello All,

Looks like i have to revive this old thread of mine after a long time. So the problem is still there and i couldn't fix it anyhow.

One of the pins on the socket is broken and the CPU fan is not working. If someone has any clue on how to get it working, please suggest. I can boot the PC to windows and everything... but fan doesn't work. Also if i connect the "speaker" to mobo... it keeps giving beeps continuously, i think its warning me about the fan.

I've already tried the connecting the CPU fan to 3-pin connector on the board, but it doesn't work... so gurus, help me out!

lethal said:
I've already tried the connecting the CPU fan to 3-pin connector on the board, but it doesn't work... so gurus, help me out!
Either the fan has gone conked or you are not inserting the connector on the header properly or the header has conked out. Do you have a spare fan lying around which has a 3-pin connector? If yes, try inserting that into the header (which read SYSFAN1) adjacent to the CPU fan header. Apart from that header, there are 2 other 3-pin headers on the board, colored brown as per the pic here.

I think you are not inserting the 4 pin connector on the 3 pin header properly. Properly align the 2 plastic protrusions on the connector with the header and insert it. Damn I don't know how to explain it properly. :\

Finally, i got it fixed and its a very pleasing experience to finally able to post thsi from my PC, hehe... but one problem still there.

I bought a 3pin fan and had to run the fan from "chasis fan" connector. It wasn't running from the CPUFan connectors. Now since i am running it from somewhere else the bios cannot detect the CPU fan and makes the speaker to keep on beeping like a sucky little bastard. So i had to cut off the speaker. Lol..

But its all cool now. Thanks for wonderful suggestion guys, really appreciate it.

To add to what is said above, Abit motherboards have an option to select the type of cpu fan one is using, 3-pin or 4-pin.

It's specially needed if not using a 4-pin PWM fan- else the cpu fan fail warning or something gets triggered and buzzer keeps beeping on bootup.

Poor speaker. :p

Back