Lian Li Crossfire

Naga

Skilled
Most of the stuff has been lying with me for quite some time. Couldn't assemble due to time/ work constraints and delay in making up my mind on what to buy. Got some days off and decided to jump into it. Managed to almost finish the 2 full towers (will add w/c and SSDs as soon as I've decided what to get :) ). The HTPC will take another week or so due to some parts not reaching here. That and the W/C+SSD will be another show off :)!

Thanks to PhOeNiX, my friend and fav dealer :hap2:!

My rig:
i7 930, G.Skill Trident 1600Mhz 3x2 GB, Gigabyte X58UD7, Sapphire 5870 Eyefinity edition 1GB, Asus Xonar Dx, WD Velociraptor 74GB, Seagate 7200.11 500GB x2, WD Black 750GB, Logitech G9, Logitech G15, Audioengine A2

My friend's rig:
i7 920, G.Skill Trident 1600Mhz 3x2 GB, DFi Lanparty UT X58, Sapphire 5870 Eyefinity edition 1GB, WD Black 1TB, Roccat Kone, Roccat Arvo, Audioengine A5+Dell 24"ST2410 (not in the pics)

HTPC:
Finalising components but it'll mostly be a i5 system.

dsc02110i.jpg

dsc02118v.jpg

dsc02121w.jpg

Some of the essential Lian Li accessories I got

dsc02125k.jpg

dsc02196b.jpg

dsc02128l.jpg

Both side panels were cracked when I received the cases. Lian Li sent replacements :)

dsc02248t.jpg

Itsy bitsy mods

dsc02199d.jpg

dsc02305n.jpg

dsc02310r.jpg

dsc02313re.jpg

Swapped out the Lian Li default fans on the cages as I had some Scythes lying around.

dsc02296ox.jpg

dsc02303qm.jpg

The hot swap HDD cage helps in better cable management cos the cables come out on the right side+ only one molex connector.

dsc02225fg.jpg

dsc02299d.jpg

What an unholy mess! On the bright side, enough space for my inverters :) (3 UVs on mine and 2 UV+Blue for my friend's)!

dsc02315b.jpg

Looks better on THE side!

lastsony309.jpg

dsc02231s.jpg

This is how I store my extra drives now. Ready for the hot swap bay!

dsc02300lo.jpg

Installing the 7 Special edition I got for the Windows 7 Launch party and the games I have stocked up on (thanks to Prashaant) :eek:hyeah:...

dsc02342kx.jpg

dsc02349k.jpg

Finally done...

lastsony307.jpg

lastsony314.jpg

dsc02260u.jpg

Never did post the show-off I had planned for my HTPC build. Quick specs: C2D E6 something :p, Corsair 2GB DDR2, IP-35 Pro, 9600 GT, Hauppauge HP OEM TV card, WD Green 1TB x2xRAID1, Seagate 7200.11 500GB x2, 7200.12 500GB, Sennheiser RS120 dual wireless headphones, Samsung 40" Full HD LCD TV. Gotta get those Logitech Z5500s...

dsc02371j.jpg

dsc02375u.jpg

dsc02376p.jpg

dsc02373lm.jpg

My brother in law on my wife's rig which is totally in a mess because I was playing around with and never got the time to fix up after I got my system online :cool2:

dsc01807i.jpg

My youngest picking up after me :eek:hyeah:

dsc02065f.jpg

Got some other stuff like the Scythe GTs, RADs etc. which'll be put to use when the W/C stuff/ SSDs are here. I'll post pics when they're done in a separate thread. I've got some Scythe 92mm fans too to replace the real loud fans on my 2KV online UPS (which powers my rig and the HTPC in the bedroom) which will have to wait for sometime now.

Even though I love my G9 for it's inter-changeable grips, the Roccat Kone is a fun mouse with it's lights and the TCU. Got one Kone+Arvo for my wife too. She loves the Arvo cos it's compact enough for her table and the top notch finishing. I prefer big, though :)!

The thing I really liked about Lian Li (apart from the finish/ build quality) is the support they give. Not just the replacement panels but for all the accessories they have. Hot swap bays, PCI bracket holders,replacement power switches, 24 pin power cable extenders, replacement fron bezels, replacement front IO panels and even frickin case stands! And most of them will fit any of the Lian Li cases! Spare parts for cases... who else does that? My 2 perfectly all right Antec cases are sitting ugly cos I lost some of the front bezels when i used to have multiple 5.25 devices :no:

Back to the show-off, thanks PhOeNiX again for the great prices you gave me and TE for helping me make up my mind about what stuff to buy. Now all I need is to brush up my photography and presentation skills for a kick ass show-off (I lo0oved that iPad show-off)! :)

holy smoke and awesome :O too much show off and nice gpu card with dell 24 lcd and your son and daughter is so sweet :O i am impressed and speech less for his ultra rig imba :O

Naga.... Simply awsome... Some cool stuffs are missing with yours... rest almost like u :p

I am not able to view the light effects... add picts with all lights off...

Will love to see that..

Simply Droollllll...

PhOeNiX said:
Actually they are Eyefinity. Even i was surprised when i saw on the box. You can see in this pic.
that's because every ATI 5 series card has 3 LCD Eyefinity

Eyefinity 6 Edition are 6 LCD

thats a lot of gear, sadly I will never have the heart to go for high end pc stuff as compared to dedicated av components but this shuld last you a good 4-5 years :D

^^I'm not an audiophile as such. The only reason I got the Xonar Dx and the Audioengines was the constant digs at my inferior audio compared to my other high end components from the rockstars here on TE :). I used to be happy with onboard audio and my Mercury 5.1 (that particular model was quite good). Not anymore, though. I've really started appreciating the quality of the audioengines.

Btw, 4-5 years would be really stretching it :)

Mouth Watering Indeed... :thumb:

I would love to raid your house for all those awesome components...

Congrats to you & your friend for such awesome gear.. I know you will be in zen now... :p

Back