Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

dexterz

Adept
So I ordered the lancool 2 mesh from amazon and got it today. I noticed that the left side panel is not aligned properly. Should I get it replaced or try to return it or is it a common issue with this case that I could fix myself?
Seems to be same issue as

Attachments

• PanelAlignment1.png
    PanelAlignment1.png
    443.7 KB · Views: 85
  • PanelAlignment2.png
    PanelAlignment2.png
    562.9 KB · Views: 84
Its ok and also not ok depending if you want to get it replaced. design flaw!
I've raised a query with amazon. They said they'll revert in 3days. Checking on youtube, the hinge seems to be flawed and has to be bent into place for the notch to align with the hole.

@OMEGA44-XT could you post couple of pics of the hinge slot on your primary side panel? If I remove the panel from the hinges and try to align the panel to the frame and notches, this is how the hinge slots on panel appear out of sync. Are the top and bottom hinge slots on the side panel symmetrical for you?

20231013_174631.jpg

Looks like I will have to fix the bend on the lower swivel to align the slots. I haven't been able to find a proper image of the swivel slots of the side panel.
Check a reviewer's footage, like Gamers Nexus. Lancool II Mesh RGB & Performance variants vary in just the pre-installed fans.

Check a reviewer's footage, like Gamers Nexus. Lancool II Mesh RGB & Performance variants vary in just the pre-installed fans.
Viewed some unboxing videos and got a fair idea of what was wrong. Fixed the bend of the bottom swivel using pliers. Now it alignment is much better. Looks like I got a piece that was already returned by someone. The plastic notch to hold the front panel in place was also broken on top right side and there was no case screws/ties/velcros kit in the case.

On positive side, Amazon refunded the order and told me to keep or discard the case as it was non returnable. Have to figure out if I can purchase a front panel or at least the top plastic part of the front panel from somewhere. I hope the screws are generic across cases

Viewed some unboxing videos and got a fair idea of what was wrong. Fixed the bend of the bottom swivel using pliers. Now it alignment is much better. Looks like I got a piece that was already returned by someone. The plastic notch to hold the front panel in place was also broken on top right side and there was no case screws/ties/velcros kit in the case.

On positive side, Amazon refunded the order and told me to keep or discard the case as it was non returnable. Have to figure out if I can purchase a front panel or at least the top plastic part of the front panel from somewhere. I hope the screws are generic across cases
If its free, do some "jugaad". It's a great case, if I had to complain, its only con is size, I'm nitpicking though. Due to bigger size, cable management is easier. I put extra mesh filters at front to reduce dust build up.

If its free, do some "jugaad". It's a great case, if I had to complain, its only con is size, I'm nitpicking though. Due to bigger size, cable management is easier. I put extra mesh filters at front to reduce dust build up.
Yep. Just have to figure out a jugaad for the front panel. Feviqwik is not strong enough for the flimsy plastic. Can you share link for the extra filters?
Glad you got the refund. If the package wasn't sealed than it was definitely a returned unit. Btw from which appario location did it get dispatched from?
Only blue tape across the box. Shipped from B'lore

Reached out to acro for the front panel. They were OK to ship a new panel and the screws for 1800+tax. The plastic piece that was causing the loose contact in front panel just broke off and the other notch at the top is also showing signs of stress and will probably break soon. Feviqwik didnt help.

Reached out to acro for the front panel. They were OK to ship a new panel and the screws for 1800+tax. The plastic piece that was causing the loose contact in front panel just broke off and the other notch at the top is also showing signs of stress and will probably break soon. Feviqwik didnt help.
Jeez! not expected such a quality issue from Lian Li at least.
Anyways, its a win situation for you as you got the refund cum got to keep the case.

Just my two cents, if replacing every inch is the solution its best to sell it off to the needy one or for spares. Many around here own this case so it can be useful for them unless you are ready to fix it bit by bit and happily keep it for yourself!

Nice

Jeez! not expected such a quality issue from Lian Li at least.
Anyways, its a win situation for you as you got the refund cum got to keep the case.

Just my two cents, if replacing every inch is the solution its best to sell it off to the needy one or for spares. Many around here own this case so it can be useful for them unless you are ready to fix it bit by bit and happily keep it for yourself!
I've already sorted out the side panel with a pair of pliers. Now its just the front panel and missing screws. Screws could also most likely be sorted out with leftovers from my previous builds. Getting a 100% working case for 2k sounded like a good deal. Even if the front panel is not replaced, its still in usable form, only caveat being I have to be careful not to break the other notch at top given that its already stressed, you can see the white/greyish stress point in the 3rd pic. This is the only bit left to be fixed. The affected part is actually screwed to the frame rather than being part of the frame but Acro is not selling it separately.

20231016_155340.jpg
20231016_162133~2.jpg
20231016_155404.jpg

Back