Budget 21-30k Light gaming and office use PC for 30K

mojojojo

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 30K (Can add a few more Ks in case of better value)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Have a very old build that I rarely use now. Primarily, using a laptop (HP Elitebook 1040 G4 with 8665u and 16 GB RAM)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - 1080p 60 Hz
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • I did some reading on this forum and took a stab at a config that I think maybe a good value under 30K but need more informed opinion to decide. Do you think the following is good or can I do better for 30K?
    • CPU - AMD 3200g - 7850
    • Motherboard - ASUS A320M-K - 4500
    • PSU - CM MWE 450W - 2550
    • Storage - Crucial MX500 500 GB - 5400
    • RAM - ADATA Gammix D30 2 X 8GB 3200 Mhz - 5500
    • Cabinet - Corsair Spec 1 - 3200 (Although would prefer a smaller cabinet)
    • Total - 29000
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Would prefer to not upgrade in the near future.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Lamington Road, Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase from reputed sellers
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Office work that needs software such as tally, MS Office
    • Light Gaming
    • Browsing
    • HTPC
    • Watching HD movies
    • Very occasional photo editing in Lightroom/ GIMP
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No preference
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Civilization 6, Europa Universalis 4, FIFA, Stardew valley, GTA V at low settings
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1920 X 1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not actively looking to overclock but maybe in future.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

swap your board with

MSI B450M-A PRO at least you will have an upgrade chance in future ,and have you inquired about Ryzen 3 4300GE , it would be not in box but it would be in custom box with fan and 3 years warranty on your bill​

But 3200g will do the job

swap your board with

MSI B450M-A PRO at least you will have an upgrade chance in future ,and have you inquired about Ryzen 3 4300GE , it would be not in box but it would be in custom box with fan and 3 years warranty on your bill​

But 3200g will do the job
I havent enquired about the 4300GE. Will check locally.
Since I am not looking to upgrade this in the near future, will a B450 board provide any other advantage over A320?

I am assuming that you are looking for a cheap build for light gaming and with no major upgrade planned in near future. Keeping the above mind, below is my suggestion.
Although you need to understand that the problem with the cheap build is that you don't get many options when you want to do a substantial upgrade.

I have plugged in a decent dedicated graphics card since you mentioned gaming. With this, you can play games which you have mentioned well above low settings. However, I had to make the following cuts to make the adjustment
  1. RAM 8 GB - This is sufficient for gaming and other activities that you want to perform. You can always upgrade later if you need and when you have the budget
  2. SSD 240 GB - Should be sufficient for your Windows, basic software, and a few games. If you want to go for ~500 GB, you can add 1.8-2k to your budget (same model, same website) but I will suggest adding an additional 1 TB instead for around 3.3k if the need arises
  3. Galax motherboard - This is a decent brand and the mobo comes with more features than you can find on a regular A320 motherboard from Asus / Gigabyte / MSI / Asrock. However, if you still want to go for these brands, you can go for the one you mentioned above for an additional 600 bucks
I have suggested a smaller cabinet as well. This is cheaper too so you can save some money there.

CPURYZEN 3 3100
8500​
TheITDepot
GPUGIGABYTE RADEON RX 560 OC 4GB
7500​
Vedant
MOTHERBOARDGALAX A320M
3900​
Vedant
RAMXPG ADATA GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8GB 3000 Hz
2700​
Amazon
SSDADATA ULTIMATE SU630 240 GB
2500​
Vedant
PSUGIGABYTE P450B 80 + BRONZE
2450​
Vedant
CABINETDeepcool MATREXX 30 Mini Tower
2300​
TheITDepot
Total

Well the requester has put two rams knowingly or unknowingly in his config ,

You can keep 16 gb rams no issue ,Ryzen APU will automatically allocate GPU memory from the ram , higher the better ,if you go the RX 560 way you will be bounded by gpu vram upto 4gb

Li
I am assuming that you are looking for a cheap build for light gaming and with no major upgrade planned in near future. Keeping the above mind, below is my suggestion.
Although you need to understand that the problem with the cheap build is that you don't get many options when you want to do a substantial upgrade.

I have plugged in a decent dedicated graphics card since you mentioned gaming. With this, you can play games which you have mentioned well above low settings. However, I had to make the following cuts to make the adjustment
  1. RAM 8 GB - This is sufficient for gaming and other activities that you want to perform. You can always upgrade later if you need and when you have the budget
  2. SSD 240 GB - Should be sufficient for your Windows, basic software, and a few games. If you want to go for ~500 GB, you can add 1.8-2k to your budget (same model, same website) but I will suggest adding an additional 1 TB instead for around 3.3k if the need arises
  3. Galax motherboard - This is a decent brand and the mobo comes with more features than you can find on a regular A320 motherboard from Asus / Gigabyte / MSI / Asrock. However, if you still want to go for these brands, you can go for the one you mentioned above for an additional 600 bucks
I have suggested a smaller cabinet as well. This is cheaper too so you can save some money there.

CPURYZEN 3 3100
8500​
TheITDepot
GPUGIGABYTE RADEON RX 560 OC 4GB
7500​
Vedant
MOTHERBOARDGALAX A320M
3900​
Vedant
RAMXPG ADATA GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8GB 3000 Hz
2700​
Amazon
SSDADATA ULTIMATE SU630 240 GB
2500​
Vedant
PSUGIGABYTE P450B 80 + BRONZE
2450​
Vedant
CABINETDeepcool MATREXX 30 Mini Tower
2300​
TheITDepot
Total
Since I occasionally edit pictures and the fact that Ryzen APUs perform better in dual channel, I included 2x kit of the RAM.
I have never heard about the Gigabyte PSUs.

I think I quite like the build suggestion and can add a couple of thousand to the budget to keep the 2*8 GB RAM as well.

Also, I already have a 2TB portable HD for media storage. So I will not add a HD to the build. AND I agree that 240 GB SSD should be fine for my use case.

Corsair will be little more expensive but am not sure if there will be any performance difference

Also Gigabyte psu are getting popular now a days coz of their features at cheap price. For eg the one I suggested is 80 plus bronze, you may not get bronze certified psu at that price. You can go with CM MWE as well, I think it is a decent psu

Back