Limbo - Discussion Thread

Got it. I think the progress is labeled in a different way. I'll have to check the 360 version to see if there is such a progress bar, where you can directly jump to that particular section. Which section are you on?

This game is so beautiful, you'll find yourself appreciating it every step of the way. Simply the way you walk has an elegance to it, and the puzzles are so brilliantly designed. The game also has numerous ways of making you die, and the violent ways in which you die, like when the spider kills you, or when you fall inside a spiky pit, is just shocking, and also massively entertaining! The sound complements the game really well.

The whole game is based on trial and error, in a way that doesn't make you frustrated. However towards the end some puzzles, even if you already knew the solution, were somewhat difficult to execute. Those points were frustrating. But that aside, it's simply an awesome game.

MAN i missed the SALE on this one . .

Anyone happens to have an extra copy they can gift to me ? (I mean i can pay)

:(

Or is it worth 10$ ?

! 0 t A said:
MAN i missed the SALE on this one . .

Or is it worth 10$ ?

AFAIK I don't think the PC version has ever been on Sale Iota. It was just released on Steam last week. May be a while before its discounted...

Just completed the game. I have no words. This game was amazing. Still need to figure out the ending though. But this is definitely a must play for everyone.

Reminds one of the simpler times. Simple yet complex. Playing it at the middle of the night in absolute silence is bliss. A really clever game too I might add. Dark, emotional, challenging and a visual treat all at the same time. A must play game of this generation.

By the sale I meant the pre order discount which was there. . I open the steam client daily. . And i remember this game pop up with some discount. .

@Gannu I found the gameplay to be too generic even for a platformer.I mean a few 'Wow!' moments here and there but the game never gets over them.It doesn't want to.Also for a $10 game it is criminally short.

Like Bluffy mentioned, the game is pretty simple and yet has a lot of complexities in itself. For instance, the game seems to observe a lot of Physics laws such as laws of motion for instance. The ragdoll physics in the game is pretty good too. The absence of an ambient music or color visuals may not be big downer here since the game itself relies on the noir theme. I loved the way our protagonist would die in different instances - the bear trap, the saw, the spider, the spike pit, drowning in water, falling from a height, some object such as log or a box falling atop the guy and so forth. The puzzles and platforming is certainly good and doesn't take much time.

The only part wherein I was stuck for a while:

The god damn mosquito! But figured it out after 5 minutes or so that he needs to walk real slow and sneak up on it.

Loved the spider's chase part and I was so happy when it got owned with that boulder. Not to mention pulling it's leg out later! Same goes with that rain-water chasing us to the top! :D

A very short game nonetheless; I am just a few chapters away from completion. :p

^ My favorite death scene was the one where our protagonist gets squashed in the that metal platforms, as those giant blocks separate the sticky blood trail was just awesome. :)

Yeh and that mosquito was seriously freakin' pain in the ass...

Back