Camera Linkers, Solar Digital Camera / palika bazaar / how reliable ?

hi guyz,

just wanted to know how reliable are these shops (Linkers & Solar Digital Camera) located in palika bazaar, connought place.

im going to buy panasonic lumix fz 28 very soon. visited Linkers this weekend and he has quoted me Rs. 18,500 for camera + 4GB SDHC. he is also giving me 1yr service warranty. please note this warranty is not coming from the company but the shop keeper.

the shop keeper sounded very knowledgeable about photography n all.

should i buy from these shops?? if anyone has any experience dealing with these shops. please share ur experience.

TIA

palika = grey market

the warranty they are offering will only cover minor repairs, you would have to shell out money if a part needs to get replaced.

Your choice : manufacturer's 2-3 years warranty or 2-3 k saving from grey market

titana said:
palika = grey market

the warranty they are offering will only cover minor repairs, you would have to shell out money if a part needs to get replaced.
Your choice : manufacturer's 2-3 years warranty or 2-3 k saving from grey market

i know man, thats why im confused. but the price difference is huge. authorized panasonic dealers have quoted me Rs 25,000 for the same camera whereas its available for Rs. 18,000 in grey mkt.

I purchased my camera from Solar digital cam, he has both original and grey market stuff , the grey market stuff is usually from hong kong and is ~ 30% cheaper but only dealer warranty

This is his ebay shop

http://cgi.ebay.in/PANASONIC-LUMIX-DMC-FZ28-DIGICAM-TAXES-INCLUDED-FZ-28_W0QQitemZ110378705922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_203?hash=item110378705922&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A1|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

FZ28 is for 17.9k there , if you use a coupon from the market section you'll get 500 off , so final price 17.4k

manu1991 said:
I purchased my camera from Solar digital cam, he has both original and grey market stuff , the grey market stuff is usually from hong kong and is ~ 30% cheaper but only dealer warranty

This is his ebay shop
http://cgi.ebay.in/PANASONIC-LUMIX-DMC-FZ28-DIGICAM-TAXES-INCLUDED-FZ-28_W0QQitemZ110378705922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_203?hash=item110378705922&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A1|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

FZ28 is for 17.9k there , if you use a coupon from the market section you'll get 500 off , so final price 17.4k

THANKS for the link, i'll buy the cam by going to his palika bazaar shop and try to bargain so that i can get the same price that he is offering @ his ebay shop :eek:hyeah:

solar digital cam is good for the cam purchase... i purchased tz8 ..

its better you deal off-market with him, coz you'll get better price.

like i got 14k i think when it was for 15.5k posted...and then he delivered at home and cash le liya... no where ebay in btw :p ..

coolraghav said:
solar digital cam is good for the cam purchase... i purchased tz8 ..

its better you deal off-market with him, coz you'll get better price.

like i got 14k i think when it was for 15.5k posted...and then he delivered at home and cash le liya... no where ebay in btw :p ..

does off-market means off-ebay :S

bishnu.bhatta said:
Yes , I have bought a Nikon D60 from him.His way of dealing with customers is very professional.

Hello,
can you say whether i can get a nikon D40/D40x/D60 within rs 30,000/- or not from solar digital? how much was your D60, and when did you buy that?

Just to update u guyz, i have bought panasonic fz28 from palika bazaar lat sunday. total damage: camera + 4 gb sdhc = rs 18,100

man...this camera is AMAZING...both in pic and video. just recorded the HD video with it :D and i LOVE the iA setting :D

Small bump for a very informative thread. :)

I was at SolarDigitalCam shop at Pailka Bazaar today. I want to buy a Panasonic TZ7. His ebay listing says 17,990, whereas he quoted 17k to me in the shop.

The thing is, the camera that he showed me, came out of an already open box. All the accessories and stuff were there, but why the open box? I asked him that in as many words.

His response - "We personally test every product for customer's complete satisfaction."

My counter - "Why is it that you need to 'test' every product, if they are all coming from the companies?"

He of course had no answer to that.

Another thing that is pulling me back from going and buying the camera from him is, that all the pictures I have seen of the camera on the internet show the camera with minimal logos and feature stickers on the front of the camera. Whereas the piece I saw at the shop today had all kinds of stickers on the body of the camera, advertising the camera's features. That was really weird. Anyhow he is still giving me the best deal in all of India, and so I want your input regarding his authenticity, and also of the products that he sells.

Help me out folks. :)

phoenix844884 said:

I was at SolarDigitalCam shop at Pailka Bazaar today. I want to buy a Panasonic TZ7. His ebay listing says 17,990, whereas he quoted 17k to me in the shop.

The thing is, the camera that he showed me, came out of an already open box. All the accessories and stuff were there, but why the open box? I asked him that in as many words.

His response - "We personally test every product for customer's complete satisfaction."

My counter - "Why is it that you need to 'test' every product, if they are all coming from the companies?"

Another thing that is pulling me back from going and buying the camera from him is, that all the pictures I have seen of the camera on the internet show the camera with minimal logos and feature stickers on the front of the camera. Whereas the piece I saw at the shop today had all kinds of stickers on the body of the camera, advertising the camera's features. That was really weird. Anyhow he is still giving me the best deal in all of India, and so I want your input regarding his authenticity, and also of the products that he sells.

Pannys do come in open boxes (no sticker seals, just a hologram somewhere) but rest assured, everything will be in order. You can check with the box contents list.

Now, the feature stickers are generally found on display/demo pieces but it isn't it unusual to see them on new pieces.

That said, most of them do come without the stickers and you should trying getting the same.

Watch a few TZ7 unboxing videos to get a better perspective on the above. :p

Can't comment on the particular shop.

Well can't say about camera but I bought a PS2 from him and the product was good and brand new. Regarding camera with stickers, I bought a FZ10 from grand_deal on ebay the cam in pic had no stickers but one which I got had removable sticker informing about various features, so think that should not be an issue. Also if you went to his shop you can personally check the camera and buy.

i bought my fz28 from him. he is a gd seller. has decent knowledge abt the stuff he sells which is always gd. i was deciding between hx-1 n fz28. i went for fz28 after talking to him. besides tht i also got a 16gb sd card from him too.

i asked him a lot of questions about the 1yr warranty he was givin. i was satisfied. i havent had any issues with the camera but have a gd feeling he would honour his commitment...

phoenix844884 said:

my fz28 was home delivered. box was laminated with plastic in other words sealed. if you want a sealed box just tell him so. i dont think he would mind.

dont worry about the stickers. the camera is supposed to have them. manufacturer photos sometimes dont show it thoh

phoenix844884 said:

Generally gray dealers open the products they receive from the distributors to check whether it is working or not...
My cousin also do so for the mobiles he receive through couriers...
Sometimes there could be inner damage too due to courier...

If U have a doubt whether the camera is used before, U can check the shutter count...
If it is 10-20 it is ok...means dealer had used it just to check to working of the camera...

About Stickers..

Mostly manufacturers post the photos of product with minimum stickers...
Also, these stickers are shiny, thus while photographing they may reflect the light back and could get overexposed...That is why stickers are not present in the advertising photo...

For Eg- Sony official website show least stickers in Somy H10 camera, whereas if U go Sony center U can see lots of stickers present on the camera...

Back