Linksys gaming router lag

Pichingo

Disciple
Hi, yesterday I bought a Linksys WRT330N gaming router, hoping for better Xbox live gameplay specifically in Street Fighter II HF (XBox 360), but what i've found out is that it sucks more than the previous D-Link DI-624. Lag levels are ridiculous and looks like it's only on this game. The router is configured with factory settings except for basic stuff like network name. I tested the internet connection speed and the results are 570 download and 400 upload; that was enough with the old router.
:mad: Please help, I'm getting killed out there!

Whats the signal strength like? can you ping the router through xbox (I dunno if thats possible or not) and check for spikes?

Check the firmware too. Upgrade it to the latest if it isn't already there. Linksys is not known for getting things right with their first firmware for any unit. Or their second, or third for that matter!! Also, is your Xbox hard-wired to the router or wireless?? If it's wireless, try disabling security and use a channel other than 6.

Problem fixed by setting the mtu to 1365. Thanks dudes.

P.S. Linksys has a very nice "Live Chat" feature on the web site for any questions you may have about their products, for those who did not know...

Back