Linksys LN1301 - Group Buy from US

On stock firmware USB won't work, but with OpenWRT/DD-WRT it does work.

Regarding the Mesh, that's right. I was able to setup mesh without issues using the stock firmware. However, I found the stock firmware pretty limited, so I installed OpenWRT snapshot.

Is there a stable version available for OpenWRT/DDWRT ? Also do mesh work with those ?
No stable - WIP
Yes - Mesh in stock
On stock firmware USB won't work, but with OpenWRT/DD-WRT it does work.

Regarding the Mesh, that's right. I was able to setup mesh without issues using the stock firmware. However, I found the stock firmware pretty limited, so I installed OpenWRT snapshot.
Can we have pics in stock if you took ?
Any issues in 5GHz band
Both DDwrt & openwrt forums mentioned about 5Ghz errors

Question I am asking myself
In the below config -
2GB RAM , 1GB ROM
Quadcore CPU
Triband & WIFi 6
3 x Gigabit ports
USB 3
Mesh

What's comparable in India?
Stock isn't an issue as 50% are running some server's for additional services like Adblock jellyfin etc
If you are not using then their is no use to mod the stock firmware till it's WIP
Let stable come out

Question still remains is it worth 4275/ ?
This RAM & ROM is what enticing me......
With all additional services on a Debian NUC this will work only as AP in my set-up
Config is actually mouth watering

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.32.10 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.32.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.33.13 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.33.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.34.37 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-16 at 6.32.40 PM.png

Some images from stock firmware, this is my second unit and its currently in bridge mode. The non-bridge mode has some more options.

Any OpenWRT capable unit can do mesh with wired or wireless backhaul, but what makes this better is, it is tri-band with 3 radios, so you can use one of the radios for dedicated backhaul in case you want to do wireless backhaul. Wired backhaul is always preferable, but say you cannot wire it, then the dedicated radio would definitely help.

I don't think there are many other devices in this price range with this kind of hardware and OpenWRT capable. I think even as an AP, it still helps especially if you want to do wireless backhaul considering the dedicated radio.

Very Intrested but cannot make a commitment right now as for me getting a Ryzen 9000 is on priority. Keep tabs.

Some images from stock firmware, this is my second unit and its currently in bridge mode. The non-bridge mode has some more options.

Any OpenWRT capable unit can do mesh with wired or wireless backhaul, but what makes this better is, it is tri-band with 3 radios, so you can use one of the radios for dedicated backhaul in case you want to do wireless backhaul. Wired backhaul is always preferable, but say you cannot wire it, then the dedicated radio would definitely help.

I don't think there are many other devices in this price range with this kind of hardware and OpenWRT capable. I think even as an AP, it still helps especially if you want to do wireless backhaul considering the dedicated radio.
if i get it correct , option exists for a dedicated band for wireless back-haul ? insanely good deal then
Sold out for now though at Amazon

So whos managing the GO now ? @anmolbhard004 or you ?
I am in for 2 though .
managing a group order is tough mate, @m0h1t has suggested the best way to order using ibhejo .
But only to keep in mind that ibhejo doesnt increase the prices more I am already seeing the price on ibhejo at 4500 currently.

and also what pains me most is that 2 of the members who confirmed few days ago have opted out now.

have placed order for 5 currently
2 for @vivek.krishnan and 2 for @wakkun .
@Dushie yes looking into that
If as you say they would take out the stuff from the inner manufacturer's box and bubble wrap the main unit and power supply etc, then that's great. Might come as a special request I guess.
not as a special request when you request for consolidation
you get 3 options
1. keep outer packaging the brown one as well
2. keep retail packaging [ product box]
3. remove everything

attached photo

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 9.42.35 AM.png

Last edited:
Saw it is availabile for $17.49 @kuduku
Site looks shady af. Domain registered last month, no other hits on google. It's an obvious scam.

Edit: Lmao! The address on their contact page is 221B Baker Street, London ...which is Sherlock Holmes's house.

Resale started on Ebay US, Folks who bought from Woot and Amazon are selling at double the price. Guess thats why its sold out. Resale has started.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 10.34.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 10.34.54 AM.png
    1,006 KB · Views: 31
if i get it correct , option exists for a dedicated band for wireless back-haul ? insanely good deal then
Sold out for now though at Amazon

Correct, when using the stock firmware, if wireless mesh is used, it seems to use one of the two 5 GHz radios as dedicated backhaul. Even on OpenWRT, you could configure the same way.

If this is still open for new entrants, I am interested in 2
If anyone ends up doing the GO please ignore me. I ended up ordering from @m0h1t 's ibhejo link
ibhejo a$$ wipes didn’t purchase it from amazon despite me reminding them multiple times yesterday

Can anyone find any other legit listings apart from ebay (will not be worth it @ $45 + shipping & customs)
Does that mean they won't honor the price they listed on the site? I just made the payment :-|

Does that mean they won't honor the price they listed on the site? I just made the payment :-|
Yea that’s seems likely now, their support person said if they can’t procure they’ll cancel and refund

I’m also searching. if we can find another reliable source for them to buy from at a somewhat similar price, then they can still honour

I think even as an AP, it still helps especially if you want to do wireless backhaul considering the dedicated radio.
The problem is that wired backhaul is typically used to carry max bandwidth while 5GHz signal is not known for their range. In my home I have multiple wifi routers but to extend the signal to below floor just below where the router is placed on top floor only 2.4GHz signal passes through the floor with max bandwidth around 60-70mbps which can then be distributed completely via the 5GHz band on the same router. If I had 2 such linksys routers then I can use 5GHz for wireless backhaul only on the same floor but then this router's 2.4GHz signal should be able to cover that whole floor already.

Back