Linux Linux CD's/DVD's Sharing Thread

Josh

Skilled
Hi Folks,
I have been told we can share GPLed Linux CD/DVD here. So each of us can post his collection and his requirement. The cost will be media + shipping so please dont have any issues with that as that will be minimum. Also CD/DVD will be tested personally.

Collection :

FC 5 - DVD
FreeBSD 6.1 ( 64bit )- 2 CD's
GNU HURD - 2 CD's
OpenSuSe - DVD
Gentoo
Whax

Require :

Open Solaris 64bit
FC 5 64bit

Cost of OpenSolaris DVD on net is 600 bucks so if some one willing to share we can make a combined offer. :hap2:

i need fc 5 32 and 64 bit.
have suse 10.1 i think have to check.
i'll post here again back later need to check the collection.
Joe.

I have Linux Fedora Core 5 - 64Bit...

Problem is, I dont have a DVD Writer currently :/.

Ill see if I can arrange and help yall out.

Earlier I used to download lot of distros but not that much in linux these days.

Some old collection

SUSE 10 Retail - 5 CDs

SUSE 10 x64 - 5 CDs

Knoppix 4.02 -1 CD

FC 3 x64

Anyone has the latest Debian Test build DVDs? I think it will come about 2 DVDs

I always wanted to download those unstable bleeding edge build but since they are updated every week i cannot complete the download within that time.

Ok i will be getting a DVD writer soon.. I have Debain Sarge. Any body interested post it i will write and courier it.

Hey Guys SuSe 10.1 is now out with Linux For You June edition. So get a copy. Its a DVD version and the latest. Very good for people new to linux.

Once u have Suse browse the DVD there is usually a Startup guide in pdf format. Either print it out or read it & make notes. It has the whole default installation procedure chalked out. There is also an admin guide if I remember correctly. I don't remember as I always find Suse to be too polished for my taste but that's me :)

On the same note you can also order free cd's of Ubuntu, Kubuntu & Edubuntu. First go & register yourself on http://launchpad.net . After that is done go to Ubuntu or Kubuntu or Edubuntu & order the cd's there. The dark horse is xubuntu which is xf86 & it really runs swell. Unlike KDE or Gnome it's not a memory hog & suprisingly workable. The only downer is it's downloadable, not yet in the shipit stream. Actually even edubuntu is also the 1st time in the shipit stream. Edubuntu is more aligned for children & has games & educational tools like Dr. Geo (an excellent tool for young budding cryptographers, algorithimic coders & usage in CAD/CAM, robotics, GIS & what not.) You can find more info at edubuntu .

If you want all the 3 distros then the best way is to order for any of the distros. Wait for let's say a week to 10 days, keep checking your launchpad account. At some point it'll say that the order has been given to the shipping co then you can give more orders of the same distro. or order of some other distro.

Go ahead & enjoy :) . Don't forget to make a copy for a friend when it arrives.

Disclaimer :- I'm not paid either in cash or in kind by either Debian or Ubuntu . So all biases are mine only :)

Whoever are interested please take the free offer as Ubuntu is now also available on Amazon. Look here for x86 & here for x86-64 & here for Power PC Macs. So the above thing is cool right :)

Debain Sarge 1.3 is now available on DVD with Linux For You. So u all waiting to try out one of the most secure Operating Systems based on Linux kernel get a copy of LFY July and get a DVD of Debain Sarge.

Got a few Ubuntu CD's today. So if anyone based in Pune want it, can come get it. First come first basis. i386, 64-bit & Mac based distros.

Hey Franki looks like this is ur first post.. why dont u introduce urself in the Introduction section.

About FC5.. I have a DVD... U have DVD Rom ??? Also u can always try Ubuntu first if this is ur first linux experience. I think shirish on this forum has some ubuntu cd's. pm him. Otherwise i can always burn u one... ;)

thanx josh, have introduced myself.
This is not the first time am playing around with linux, used to do it a few yrs back while i was still in college.i just upgraded my crappy old m/c after it gave up on me a few days ago and downloaded teh whole fc5 cds twice only to find them corrupted.
I dont have a DVD rom,only a cd writer(didnt buy 1).
have placed a request for unbuntu,the cds should arrive in a coupla weeks time, however Ive always been a hardcore redhat fan :). will ya burn the FC 5 cds for me, if i provide u with the cds?
cheers,
frank...

Josh, if u got the DVD from digit last month or the month before tht then the 2nd cd ISO is corrupted. Don't wanna make any flames but haven't been happy with the way the pune team interacts. Ubuntu gives much love :)

I have FC5 DVD and its running fine.. Installed it lots of time...

BTW shirish what pune team u talking about ???

@frankie... You i can burn u the FC5 DVD in cds but then u will have to keep shuffling the CD's in the ROM cause u never know what package its gonna ask for and what cd it is in.

BTW frankie me too a BIG fan of the linux disto with the Red Hat... ;)

Back