Storage Solutions list dvd blanks that allow 1x data write speed

ps2 games. the *ahem* ones available here are mostly scratched and don't work very well.

TDK isn't available here.Sony dvd-r only supports min. of 6x

eagle004 said:
ps2 games. the *ahem* ones available here are mostly scratched and don't work very well.

TDK isn't available here.Sony dvd-r only supports min. of 6x

The spindle of Sony DVD-R with me says 1X to 16X. I have used it @ 18X but not 1X!

I don't think there is any DVD Writer or DVD-R or DVD+R in the market supporting 1x speeds...

However personally i've burnt Sony DVD+R and TY's at 2.4x speeds...

Dude I am looking at a sony DVR+R media which states 1x-16x speed right in front of me.. I Think sony works..and again my sony dru 820 a supports 1x writing..

i have burned ps2 backup dvds... but i usually do them on a really good quality dvds.. earlier i used to use the samsung pleomax blan dvds(40rs a dvd) and now uptill recent times i used TY dvds.. those do really well. and its not necessary to burn at 1x i did it at 4x, 6x and with out any problems at all

damn, I write ps2 iso's at 8x, and they work...I've seen a number of faq's by people actually recommending burns at half the dvd's max speed.

So long as you have a good writer & media, i'm not understanding why it needs to be written at such a slow speed. A lot of discs won't write very well at low speeds. Only way you can tell is if you can quality test (Neros' CD/DVD speed) the written DVD. If you get a score of 90 & above, i daresay it should work just fine.

Back