Little Dot Micro Tube amping

BF1983 said:
And if you could mention a speaker set-up within 20k that can match up to the sound of the headphone set-up .... :bleh:

You are saying you will never be able to afford a 50k system ?

..and that's really the max without being a audiophile, you could hold onto a system like that for very long. Just save up :)
BF1983 said:
but a good headphone setup is leagues ahead of a budget speaker set-up.

I have no doubt about this at all, but i feel in the long run you will get more from a speaker system.

Let's be clear headphones remove the need to have good acoustics/speaker placement in a room so if you live in a shoebox, then you will always have much better sound with headphones.

But there's still something to be said about filling a room with noise :cool2:

Congrats Vandy. :D

Headphones can provide clear moosic for a much lower price than an audio setup of the same calibre but i feel calustro and nauseatic after sometime.:(
I am restricted to headphones now as some new, rowdy neighbours got scared once and headed down to scare me and that's why have almost given up listening to moosic. :O :no:
I have always found it better to FEEL da moosic than to listen, esp Trance/Techno/Rave. :ashamed:

Alright point noted ! But it also depends from person to person. I love listening to music in the morning, but I can't since it will disturb everyone else, so I use my trusty headphones.

jith77 said:
waiting for it to arrive in the FS section:devil:

^^ Lol, you'll be waiting awhile...

I was planning on a little Dot MK 4 SE, but at 399$ thats a bit too much, moreover these are doing the job well, I still get a lot of highs out of my system, and don't find the warmness of the tubes an issue...

I've even used my IPod Touch for the same purpose and found a lot of clarity, daresay as much as the X-Fi Platinum. For now the EMU 0404 does duty damn well.

Both the HD600 and A900 are seriously fun cans. Now I want the Audio Technica W5000 :eek:hyeah:

Thanks RiO...

^^ You are probably having to break you head about the hard decision of whether to listen to the HD600 or the AD900.

So please sell any one of the above to me and get piece of mind ! :eek:hyeah:

Back