Video Live streaming boxes

Hey guyz,

I was just going through this thread http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-streaming-players, review-2140.html

Is it useful in India? Whats the minimum internet speed required? Also can we see all the channels available or we have to pay for them seperately?

You will need quite some bandwidth... but it really depends on how good the quality of the stream should be...

You can stream with almost any connection, but the slower the connection, the worse the quality.

Swapnil just buy WD Tv Live..its the best for indian market.If you want to play videos from online den you need a good bandwidth. Otherwise I used it mainly for networking.I play all my movies which are stored n my laptop or desktop and am using a wifi router of netgear n150 and the wireless streaming is awsum. It streams HD 1080p smoothly without any issue.

If you want to see things like Netflix and all then remember that by default they won't work in India. You will need a VPN setup in your router and spoof your IP to US IP to access them.
For local content WDTV live should be good. For online as well it will work but just as I mentioned there are restrictions on many channels and services since we are in India.

I haven't personally used WDTV Live.

Back