Live with Walkman query

pratik.176

Disciple
After lots of deliberation , ( & nudging by the salary-predator , my sister ) I have thought of buying the SE Live with Walkman for her on eBay . Suits her "cute-phone , muzikk phone " demands , plus 1200mAh wont be a prob as she hardly uses wifi , gaming , video streaming .

My Only concerns are :

1> Phone arena mentions an odd phone restart problem in their review , & say it plagues most users . Has any other user experienced the same ??. I could not get any other review with the same prob .

2> If yes , any other alternate to this phone ? Req remain the same , andrioid , touchscreen , 'cute muzik' phone .

3> eBay is selling it way cheaper than e-commerce giants like letsbuy , flipkart etc . any catch there ?

Please reply by today itself. , so I can surprise her on her birthday this sunday .

Thaanks in advance

Why not go with Xperia mini pro.

Using it currently, cute and lovely form factor. And if ur sis is kind of messaging, this is the best she gets.

Camera is good, 1ghz proccy, qwerty Slide out keypad and of course better battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3> eBay is selling it way cheaper than e-commerce giants like letsbuy , flipkart etc . any catch there ?

What Warranty is the ebay seller giving? Is it Dealer or Manufacturer?

That's were the price difference comes in.

A few months ago, the Live with Walkman was sold in UK at GBP.100/-. (approx Rs.7000/- to Rs.8000/- depending on the exchange rate they got.)

I am sure a lot of Indian dealers imported those pieces and are re-selling them here with their own dealer warranty.

Yes , the ebay Seller gives 'Seller/Dealer Warranty' . Does that make any difference ? He would get it repaired/replaced to mantain his ebAy seller credibility ...isnt it ?

IF something went wrong with the phone, you would have to ship the phone back to the dealer (unless the dealer is local in your city). This would add shipping expenses and create possible transit losses?

Once the dealer has the phone for repair, you are at their mercy for repair time (though that could be the same for manufacturer service centre!)

Do you have any local dealer who can match the ebay offer with dealer warranty?

Unless I was buying from a local dealer I can hassle everyday should something go wrong, I would take Manufacturer Warranty over Dealer Warranty anyday.

I am in a huge dilemma :-

1.Timtara selling the phone for 12k (after coupon codes) , with no promise of the color of choice , & approx 20 days to delivery.

2. Sulekha offering it for 13.2k , get my color & possibly early delivery .

3.ebay selling for 11.8k (after coupon codes) , only no manufacturer's warranty ...

I am in a huge dilemma :-

1.Timtara selling the phone for 12k (after coupon codes) , with no promise of the color of choice , & approx 20 days to delivery.

2. Sulekha offering it for 13.2k , get my color & possibly early delivery .

3.ebay selling for 11.8k (after coupon codes) , only no manufacturer's warranty ...

I am not sure about Timtara. It has very bad reviews in Mouthshut too..

Sulekha is better than Timtara..

And I guess you can go for Ebay's 11.8k. Normally phones wont give you that many problems.. You are paying 1.4k less than sulekha and 2.8k less than flipkart value. So if by bad luck it gives you any problem, you should be able to get it repaired by this 2.8k you are saving I guess..
<

If you are not sure at all, better buy from Sulekha.

Buying SE mobiles with SELLER warranty is not the good idea,even though the seller in from your city,you will end up calling him 100 times along with frequent visits and then he will reply you that needs to change board or else which you will be paying from your pocket.Eventhough most mobiles will not create problem within 1 year but i am very skeptical about SE because of my experience.

Your call at the end of the day,but look into feedback of the sesller.

hi bro, me too looking to buy SE Live( with 1 year SELLER warranty ) @ Rs.11,350 from ebay dealer located at grant road, mumbai....

Should I go for it?
<

Buying SE mobiles with SELLER warranty is not the good idea,even though the seller in from your city,you will end up calling him 100 times along with frequent visits and then he will reply you that needs to change board or else which you will be paying from your pocket.Eventhough most mobiles will not create problem within 1 year but i am very skeptical about SE because of my experience.

Your call at the end of the day,but look into feedback of the sesller.

he has 100% +ve feedback with score of 3997(red star)... what say?

Sorry for late reply,but again I would say no,because for dealer warranty =no warranty,you can import better mobiles,else get focus from ebay.in.
I was tracking the number of mobiles ( SE LIVE ) he's selling....

He has sold 65 such mobiles under the same listing and all of them seem to be giving +ve feedback.....
<

If you are in very urgent situation go ahead and take a chance else if you are willing to wait you can because the MWC gonna held in four days,new launches will provide better options,but new mobiles will be in market after march,whats your call?

I was tracking the number of mobiles ( SE LIVE ) he's selling....

He has sold 65 such mobiles under the same listing and all of them seem to be giving +ve feedback.....

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

If you are in very urgent situation go ahead and take a chance else if you are willing to wait you can because the MWC gonna held in four days,new launches will provide better options,but new mobiles will be in market after march,whats your call?

My gut feeling is to go with it... will be buying it fingers crossed....
<

SE Live is selling at 13,750 on letsbuy.com. I suppose thats the best deal around..

I tried asking a few shops in Mumbai yesterday and they all quoted a price of 14200.

Any inputs?

SE Live is selling at 13,750 on letsbuy.com. I suppose thats the best deal around..

I tried asking a few shops in Mumbai yesterday and they all quoted a price of 14200.

Any inputs?

SE Live @ Rs.13900 @ Anupam Superstore, Borivali(W)

I got it from ebay @Rs.11350 (1 yr seller warranty) from seller: itplaza2011... the phone is actually for Poland as default language was Polish...
<

Back