Storage Solutions Logic board burnt-500gb

hemant0285

Disciple
Due to some loose power connections the logic board's few ici s (some electronic small steel like thing) have burnt.

I opened the green coloured logic board and see that near the port where we attache the power cable, it is burned out.

Where can I get a replacement or NEW logic board for my
500gb Seagate
7200.12 hard drive

thanx in advance

Go to SP road...they will do it for some 600 bucks..

I got my 160GB's logic board replaced thru a shop which kept some commission to get it done from the actual repair shop... Sharged me 700 bucks some 4 years ago... now it should be cheaper

you have to get the same revision PCB for the HDD,plz check the repair shops & try the same, if PCB track in burned, then you have to get another fresh PCB.Many data recovery people may have spare PCBs too.

How did it burn?

Dell SP2208WFP || Core 2 Duo T8400: 3.0 GHz ||ASUS P5QL-EM (G43 HDMI) || 4GB DDR2-800 MHz Transcend || iBall Diamond || 500 GB Seagate + 200 GB Seagate + 80 GB Seagate + 1000 GB Seagate || Creatvie T6060 5.1 || ZUNE 80 ||

This is the suspect? its a PSU right?

PSU means power supply unit or SMPS if you prefer.

Its doubtful a lose connector could have done it as its only 12V.

Lemme tell u how I burnt it....my guess is OP did something similar:D

I turned on my system only to realize that I had forgotton to connect the power cable for my DVD ROM....

So i (n00b that i was) took the molex and put in on the dvd rom which the whole system was powered on and I connected the molex in correctly which led to kinda short circuit....the whole system went boom:eek:hyeah:

When i next turned on the system....one of my HDD's and the DVD rom was not wrking....

ppl anyone????????

hru Lynx india.. i got to therepairmasters.com..but there are a hundred of options for segate logic boards

Desktop ? The Repairmasters

How DO I DETERMINE THE

Family :

Main Chip :

Main Chip Model No :

Driver Chip :

PCB No :

pls help

try to replace the pcb with a new one, it should be written in the label, a same model (i.e. st3500320as etc) and same firmware pcb should work.

Back