PC Peripherals Logitech Mx Keys Mini Minimalist, Logitech Mx Mechanical Mini or others?

agentmilo

Disciple
I've been looking to get a low profile and fairly silent bluetooth enabled keyboards for a while. Considered offerings from Royal Kludge, Keychron and Skyloong but complaints about the spottiness of the bluetooth connection. All of them minus Keychrons were below 8k.

I'm now looking at the more expensive Logitech Mx Mini (12k) and Mx Mini Mechanical (16k). Ideally would have liked to have the numpad, or at least 89keys, but I'll be carrying this around, so the smaller the better.

Are there any more options? I'll probably just go for the Mini Mechanical if I don't find anything else.

so TLDR, looking for
- Smallish keyboards but not super tiny ones sacrificing utility
- Bluetooth (multi device not necessary). Need this to perform well.
- Silent or less noise
- Low profile (not necessary)
- Light weight if possible
- Budget no bar, but looking for something that lasts a long time.
- Decent battery life

I'm not a keyboard afficionado- the only mech I had was Cooler Master MasterPro L which I just gave my dad a week ago.

I've been using a keychron k8 pro with silent otemu lime switches for the past year or so.. decent experience. you should try the default red switches first and if its loud for you.. u could give silent switches a go.

but its not low profile.

What about the Royal Kludge RK84? I've been using it with brown switches. Great battery life, great build, and good typing experience. BT works well.

I have Royal Kludge RK87
Not the one with most premium feel, but for the price (I paid 5.2k at the time) it's very good.

@enc0dex264 I did look at all the options from Keychron, the K3 and the K7 primarily. But so many reports of shoddy BT connection that I don't want to risk it. These sites don't have returns.

@PunkX 75 @nitin_g3 I had looked into those too. Was very close to getting the RK89 but again, mentions of BT and battery issues made me hesitate.

I'm going to try getting the NuPhy. That ticks all the right boxes.

If not, probably the low profile Keychron.

Back