PC Peripherals Logitech Wheel Mouse VS Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse VX Logitech MX518 Review

techboy

Adept

Brand: Logitech

Model: MX518

Category: Gaming Mouse

Price: Rs.2800 and up in Delhi

Brand: Logitech

Model: Optical Mouse (I think)

Category: General Optical Mouse (Budget)

Price: I think around Rs.250

Brand: Microsoft

Model: Basic Optical Mouse

Category: General Optical Mouse (Budget)

Price: Around Rs.400

Logitech MX518

Pros

-Comfortable

-Improves efficiency in fps gaming(tried UT04 so far and the skill rating I played received I think and easy +1 notch)

-8 buttons, 1 increases speed, 1 decreases speed, 1 for back and 1 for next I think, 2 are normal,

-Bigger than a normal mouse

-Very nice looking

Cons

-My hand still aches after long usage

-Kind of addiction, for normal mouse looks crap to use once you get used to it

-Takes a day or two to get used to it

-Not great build quality, off course it maybe be better than a normal optical mouse, but not as great as it should be.

-Doesn't have a four way scroll

-Did I tell you that the depression you see in the pics are not there, that is simply design, no depression and this kind of disappointed me.

Logitech Optical Mouse*

Pros

-Dirt cheap optical mouse with a good brand name

-Decent build quality

Cons

-Uncomfortable mainly/especially in the beginning though

-Not a great shape

-Not suitable for gaming (at least not recommended)

-Not recommended for any purpose

-Small size

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse*

Pros

-Decent price

-Better than other mice in the market at that price range while having a very strong brand name

-Can do for very casual gaming, but not recommended

-Not recommended for anything, but is ok for general purposes

Cons

-Average/Bad build quality

-Small size

*Some cons are there in the MS518 but not mentioned in the other 2 mice because one just can’t expect that all 3 should perform equally, MX518 being a high end mouse while other 2 entry level, a direct comparison is tough to make, so the MX518 has to be put to a tougher test than the other 2.

Brand.doc

Instead of buying the Logitech Wheel Mouse or Microsoft Optical Mouse I recommend going for the Microsoft Optical Comfort Mouse 3000 which comes in the sub Rs.1000 budget. Since Rs.150-200 isn’t a big deal therefore value for money doesn’t give Logitech Wheel Mouse any credit.

Summing UP

Logitech MX518: Gaming, General (with very high budget)

Logitech Optical Mouse: No reason to buy except that it saves you Rs.150

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse: Cheap, decent for general work but not worth it because you can get a better (bigger) optical mouse from Microsoft for less than Rs.1000.

can you remove these images?
I will use attach function insead, ok? or do I have to keep it on another website?

why am I on warning and what should I do to get rid of it?

^ Host all the images on imageshack, and put the imageshack links in a new post. I will edit your first post with the new imageshack links. Please do it ASAP.

You're on a warning because you've been a notty boy :p

- Creating irrelevant posts in other people's topics, Repeated Spamming, Creating silly threads in various sections, etc etc.

What should you do to get off the warning?

- Nothing! More specifically do nothing of the above, and you'll get off the hook ;)

If I want to create silly threads in Jokers Club, am I allowed to do it there, isn't the Jokers Club meant for fun only and can I do that?

@TB

how does MX518 compare with logitech keyboard and jamaica cabby :tongue:

jokes apart..effort appreciated

Err, whats the point of comparing sub 500 mice, which are not suppose for gaming to a complete high end gaming mouse? Not trying to offend, but use some common sense. It would be nice, if you can compare MX 518/G5/G7/G1/MX 610/Copperhead/Viper/Ergo 520/Ergo525/MS Lasor 6000/Comfort 3000/MS IE 4.

Back