Logitech Z-5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

waseem46

Disciple
i want Logitech Z-5500...

damn..:mad:. i sold mine .. now getting frustrated.. as i cant live without them....

please quote your reasonable price..

more preference will be given to seller with cities:-

Indore,
Delhi,
Mumbai,
Pune,
Hyderabad,
Gujarat (any city)

others also welcome.

@vasim21

I think Z5500 are the best 5.1 surround sound PC speakers with almost everything one wants. Excellent sound quality,THX certified,variety of connectors,powerful bass & one can hear every detail using these spks.

vivacious_tg said:
@vasim21

I think Z5500 are the best 5.1 surround sound PC speakers with almost everything one wants. Excellent sound quality,THX certified,variety of connectors,powerful bass & one can hear every detail using these spks.

FYKI I already own Z5500 & wudnt recommend to any of my friend :no:

An audiophile may rate it as 2/10 as 'Mids' is an alien term for Z5500s :rofl:

stormblast said:
i have the z680's for sale if you are interested. am from mumbai.

@OP: Please give a thought to this set which was the predecessor for the Z5500 and had a superior DAC onboard. You get a better SQ from this one - guaranteed.

I say drop in at his place, do a demo and take it. :p

2/10 is not at all correct, It deserves more. 5 or 6/10 is more appropriate.

And not all have "audiophile" ears. so for most it becomes a 10/10 for that price.

Gannu said:
@OP: Please give a thought to this set which was the predecessor for the Z5500 and had a superior DAC onboard. You get a better SQ from this one - guaranteed.

I say drop in at his place, do a demo and take it. :p

I still havent got what people meant by superior. I have heard this speakers. TBH if i want i can listen to it tonight. just call my neighbour and tell him to crank it up. :). I honestly haven't found any difference, significant or any kind. both are loud..both got loads of bass. Yes i only have heard it on a particular set of songs. but i havent heard anything dramatic to justify the "superior DAC".

And may i say, for gaming z5500 still kicks ass. Thats why that guy got a z5500 hooked to his consoles.

But one thing i say abt the z-680, its LCD back light is still working DAMN IT.

It is funny how people can easily ignore all pros of a product over few cons :rofl:

Nit-picking will get you no where as every product has some flaw(s)..

m-jeri said:
I still havent got what people meant by superior. I have heard this speakers. TBH if i want i can listen to it tonight. just call my neighbour and tell him to crank it up. :). I honestly haven't found any difference, significant or any kind. both are loud..both got loads of bass. Yes i only have heard it on a particular set of songs. but i havent heard anything dramatic to justify the "superior DAC".

And may i say, for gaming z5500 still kicks ass. Thats why that guy got a z5500 hooked to his consoles.

But one thing i say abt the z-680, its LCD back light is still working DAMN IT.

First off, cranking up the volumes and shaking/waking up your neighbours doesn't exactly translate to good sound. For one, I have heard the Z5500 from ANP's place (he's a member who resides in Surat) and quite liked it for the price it retails for and the connectivity it offers which's exactly why it has found many owners in guys who owns consoles and PCs alike. If you compare it with my modded MX5021 driven by the Xonar DX, it wouldn't dare hold a candle to it. Agreed, the speakers are 2.1 and not exactly suitable for movies and games, but we've got better systems around for a price slightly higher than what the Z5500 warrants - with a standalone AVR and separate 5.1 speakers, you've better connectivity, better sound and flexibility of changing the speakers you may connect to the AVR. I'm talking of a price bracket of 25~30k. Heck, you pay close to 19k for the Z5500!

Secondly, I'm not exactly sure of your definition of bass either - the Z5500 does boom a lot! I can guarantee that since I've heard the whoooom sound (or noise rather!) from the sub when the volumes are notched up beyond 50%. It doesn't differ if you place it near the wall or on your terrace or on the basement.

Lastly, I'm not ridiculing the owners of Z5500 here so you can stop pulling my legs.

Mods can move these unwanted posts to trash or another thread but we cant help spreading FUD around.

Gannu said:
First off, cranking up the volumes and shaking/waking up your neighbours doesn't exactly translate to good sound. For one, I have heard the Z5500 from ANP's place (he's a member who resides in Surat) and quite liked it for the price it retails for and the connectivity it offers which's exactly why it has found many owners in guys who owns consoles and PCs alike. If you compare it with my modded MX5021 driven by the Xonar DX, it wouldn't dare hold a candle to it. Agreed, the speakers are 2.1 and not exactly suitable for movies and games, but we've got better systems around for a price slightly higher than what the Z5500 warrants - with a standalone AVR and separate 5.1 speakers, you've better connectivity, better sound and flexibility of changing the speakers you may connect to the AVR. I'm talking of a price bracket of 25~30k. Heck, you pay close to 19k for the Z5500!

Secondly, I'm not exactly sure of your definition of bass either - the Z5500 does boom a lot! I can guarantee that since I've heard the whoooom sound (or noise rather!) from the sub when the volumes are notched up beyond 50%. It doesn't differ if you place it near the wall or on your terrace or on the basement.

Lastly, I'm not ridiculing the owners of Z5500 here so you can stop pulling my legs.

Mods can move these unwanted posts to trash or another thread but we cant help spreading FUD around.

You may consider the DX and MX a "dare hold a candle" combo. but z5500 is just a 5.1 speaker alone. so lets talk about that shall we? And besides sound is always depending on the listeners ear more than anything i presume. Maybe with correct sound input it will hold a torch to it. torch is advanced than candle r8?. But still what is the difference. where is the difference in these? what is defined as the difference in these?

And please do not mislead z5500 quoting dedicated AVR and component speakers. your candle combo will not be able to hold the light infornt of setup like that now, will it?. From your statement itself its evident.

What i meant from BASS is just layman's definition of BASS. sure its around the world as the same. so really cant comment on that mate.

But why the heck is the "z5500 is bad" talk? I was asking where is the "superior DAC" in z680 and "not superior DAC" in z5500 comes to play. I have access to both and i would like to know that only please.

EDIT : Just googled some Info.

Everywhere 50~50. 50 saying just the same. No sound qlty difference. A marginally z680 is better. Guess the Ear-Qlty rule apply. :)

@OP

Sorry to get the thread derailed. :). I am out mate. Mods please remove my posts.

m-jeri said:
2/10 is not at all correct, It deserves more. 5 or 6/10 is more appropriate.

I have heard this speakers.

Heard !! This is where it makes a difference :p
I wud strongly recommend it for Games but if u love music then i wud say STAY AWAY by any means !!
Anyways i find it way overpriced for the quality of sound it offers ;)
12K wud have better suited instead of 19K price tag :hap2:

vasim21 said:
I wud strongly recommend it for Games but if u love music then i wud say

This I very truly agree. Always felt this. :hap2::eek:hyeah:

ps. i knew you would jump at the "heard" word. been seeing that in some AV eqpmnt ad's. :)

I think the OP would also like to know about these setups u are talking about.
I personally like the Z5500 but somehow it fell very sort of what I was expecting (when I moved from my 5200inspire to z5500)...

Gannu said:
but we've got better systems around for a price slightly higher than what the Z5500 warrants - with a standalone AVR and separate 5.1 speakers, you've better connectivity, better sound and flexibility of changing the speakers you may connect to the AVR.

Apologies for the OT,

I think what m-jeri meant was that you should add in another 2K and go for an Onkyo HTIB. I think the Onkyo HTS 3100/3200 are available for the 20-23K mark and will outperform the Z5500 (not in terms of boomy bass) in SQ. Another + is that you get a good 5.1 receiver (no HDMI in the 3100).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back