Lookie Lookie - Me got my hands on N95

IceFusion

Skilled
The Mobile Asia 2006 expo is going on in Delhi, and i visited today...and to my amazement it was just off the chart.. i saw all the Latest phones from all the manufacturers, even the ones that arent launched in India yet

Nokia' music editions, N95
Samsung's 10mp cam phone and the 8gb hard disk phone, phones with Mobile TV feed running
SE, W950 P990 etc

Disappointed with the Music editions, as what i heard in the BOSE tripods connected to the music editions wasnt even loud enough to comment on,:no: although the phones do look slicker in Black casing.

Needless to say i spent most of my time with the N95, here are few pics from my 6230, sorry for the low resolution and a bit fuzziness ,it was crowded as hell :bleh:
The phone, slided open

Dedicated music keys

The Screen

Landscape view when dedicated music keys are slided open

The screen can be used in landscape mode otherwise also

However the phone was just a prototype and it kept crashing every 5 mins or so, most probably due to sm issues with the hardware and software,
What was intresting was that the camera worked great and the screen was amzing, however i didnt like the feel of the dedicated music keys, they felt too rubbery to be used properly

The UI was fast, and the camera and gallery started in under 5 seconds..

Well its not huge, i took the pics really close by thats all, its very light in weight actually and is just a bit larger than N80 both height and width wise..

The metallic finish on the buttons is on the preferrence on the user, i liked them as they were nice to press, and wont get any marks on them soon :p

Looks quite large...nice features and display ...u tried the se w950...hows the new ui ?? I'm waiting for sony to release a w950 version with cam.
Thanx for the pics.

well i didnt really get my hands on the W950i, was just allowed to hear its playback which i must say is brilliant and crisp... although the screen looked quite nice.. and there isnt any news on a W950 version with cam :p

and as i said, it looks large cause of the close shots i took

man this phone is a 3.5G phone and we in India are still living on 2.5G Networks enjoying sms updates for cricket scores when the world is doing things on 3G networks... :angry:

Only the subscriber base is growing in India but the Network quality is reducing everyday due to saturation and poor infrastructure from providers.

But its a cool phone but the metallic button dont look that cool.... :(

imranais's Avatar imranais said:
man this phone is a 3.5G phone and we in India are still living on 2.5G Networks enjoying sms updates for cricket scores when the world is doing things on 3G networks... :angry:

Only the subscriber base is growing in India but the Network quality is reducing everyday due to saturation and poor infrastructure from providers.

Not surprised, even the ISP broadband state is in that same pathetic situation.

Back