Budget 20-25K Looking for 5G phone (rather phone with more 4G bands)

diy-maniac

Disciple
Summary: I'm looking for a 5G phone as most 4G bands are kept open in such devices. This enables me to use the device when abroad with local SIM. Most 4G variant phones in India have limited bands enabled in 4G/LTE. I currently have Redmi Note 8 Pro, and this for sure doesn't work with local SIM in USA.

I see Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G a potential candidate fitting my requirement. Please hightlight if there are drawbacks with this device. Also please do suggest if you have any personal experiences with so-called 5G phones currently in market.

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k-25k, lesser the better though

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: >5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Latest android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G with more bands open

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I prefer to avoid Apple, Samsung due to their control over OS/apps

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calls, Whatsapp kind of services, Camera, Mails, occasional browsing

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New, prefer online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need more 4G bands to be able to use the device in USA with local sim card

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: I noticed most makers with a 4G phone variant has limited(2) bands open for LTE, instead a 5G phone although has limited 5G bands, most bands in 4G are left open. So leaning towards a 5G phone to be able to use 4G bands when abroad.

Thank you in advance!

My bad... Apologies, I thought the NE version was due to chip shortage
Isn't it the case? NE is because of the chip shortage. The earlier model is Mi 11 Lite 5G.
@Sanav3
I ordered NE variant today, and it is delivered around 9pm. I just unboxed, and noticed it came with a very thin screen protector on it by default. Is it the case with you?
Did you remove it and put another one instead or another on top of existing one?

Last edited:
Back